Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football 2024 SEC schedule announced

13»

Comments

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep...you're probably right. UGA, Bama, LSU & OU, will be annual CFP participants, with an occasional Carolina, Auburn, A&M, Texas or Tennessee crashing the party.

I think we all know the teams that the CFP is gonna revolve around, every year. Personally, I'm okay with it. I see some great games ahead. But, you're right...Bama...and UGA...WILL be one of those teams, no matter who the coach is...sort of...Lol.

In fact...IMO...if the 12-Team playoff format had been around since the mid-'80's...the Dawgs would own a few more rings, than they do. And, they aren't the only team that can say that. There's a few teams wearing rings they didn't "deserve", but, for the hype machine and polling methods, that put em in position to win one.

Money has always been part of NCAA DIV1 Football. The only thing that is dynamic...in a constant state of change...is the WAY the money is made, and who gets it. Lol...everytime they come out with a change in the games rules or agenda...money is moved from one pocket to another.

That's why, when discussing "GOAT"'s and "best of" records, going back over 20-25 yrs...I bail out. Because...IMO...it can't be done fairly", taking all nuances of the game, into account. For instance...It's impossible to go back to a time before pads and "real" helmets, scholarship limits and all the rest...and say..."THIS GUY or TEAM or COACH is the best that's ever been". Not true. Lol