Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football podcast: Nick Saban will hate one preseason magazine’s comment about UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 10,533 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: Nick Saban will hate one preseason magazine’s comment about UGA

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for fans of the national champion Georgia Bulldogs. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest to keep the Bulldogs on top of the college football world. On episode No. 1,975 (June 23, 2023) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about why one preseason magazine’s evaluation of UGA probably brings up some bad memories for Alabama coach Nick Saban.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Its Sunday June 25 and there is no way for me to access the Friday podcast????

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

If you google dawgnation podcast 6-23-23 you should be able to find it as I did.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited June 2023

I highly doubt saban cares what a magazine says…just BA over exaggerating again about something that really isn’t news worthy

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do think Saban cares about Pollack said right next to him. I also think Saban cares about what AM said last week. I'm sure he heard about it.

It doesn't matter though. Alabama is not on our schedule. If somehow Alabama goes undefeated we will see them again. They could lose to Texas and run the table as well.

Regardless, they are a really good team. I just think our defense will be much better this year. Nolan Smith was injured for half the season and not available. Carter was not available and when available he was up and down. Ringo had a bad year imo for whatever reason (still don't understand what happened as we were expecting him to get better not worse from year before). So those were the big losses and I rewatched the OSU game and Stackhouse played better than Carter. Ringo was getting abused, I think Everett or Greene will be a big upgrade. Reason is Ringo is not a natural at tracking the ball and he can get turned around by top wrs. I think we will be better with Everett and Greene. Also, as much as I like Chris Smith, Bullard back there should be an upgrade. Lassiter, Starks, Pop and Mondon should be better this year with experience under their belt and Sorey is coming on finally. Jalon Walker and Mykel will be beast mode this year. I also expect big things from Big B and JJ.

Not sure how anyone scores on us this year honestly.

So back to Saban. IF they can beat LSU then maybe we will play again. I don't think it will matter as we should be better on offense and defense this year. Better this year. It won't matter. If Saban loses to Texas then we have a chance to put him away which would be great.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

If somehow Alabama goes undefeated we will see them again. They could lose to Texas and run the table as well.____@BigDawg888

Lol..not a chance in hell, does Bama go undefeated, much less make the SECCG....IMO. In fact, Texas has a better chance of doing that, than Bama...and they aren't even in the SEC....yet. I "WISH", I could find somebody to bet some "real" money on that. I'm going to Vegas pretty soon...I'll check. Bet they do. Lol

• Options

I hope you are right because a ton of don't underestimate Bama articles are being written right now and it is more than annoying. I think 3 years in a row will hopefully squash this stuff. LSU looks better with what they are bringing back but not sure they have the depth. Alabama's 'greatest class' may be what the pundits are predicting. Still ticked about Haynes but I understand a son not wanting to be in the shadow of their father I just wish he hadn't gone to Bama.

I am not worried about Bama. I am more concerned about Auburn on the plains being better than what we expected and a determined and awnry South Carolina. 75 days away.

• Options

Yep...you hit the nail(s) square on the head. Particularly at the end of your post. I too, think South Carolina is poised for a Big Year. Similar to Tennessee's year in 2022.

Sportswriters have been propping Bama up for decades, if you think back. Granted, the distance between great Bama Teams is a lot narrower than most. But, during their dry spells...the media kept them in the conversation. Kinda like they've been doing for USC and Texas A&M....among others.

Now...for the 3-peat...they're holding UGA's possible accomplishment up to a 1930's so-called 3-peat winner...."Minnesota". That's a "Joke" of monumental proportions...and nobody is reporting on it. Minnesota didn't win crap.

They were "Awarded" the Championship...based on an Illinois Math Professor's formula...again...and again. Are...you...kidding me?. Lol. And we thought the "Computer generated polls" of the '90's and early 2000's were FUBAR!? I think they played the likes of "The University of Chicago".

And, I haven't heard the first "News" story on "how the 1934, '35 & '36 National Champions were selected. I find that interesting. If it was Bama on the cusp of a 3-peat...do you think you hear anything about Minnesota's feat almost 90 years ago? If you did somehow get that story...they'd be ripping that era apart and disavowing any Championship not won on the field. Lmao

Champion my arse!!! Lol

• Options

I agree whole heartedly. The Minnesota championships were before the AP poll except the last one. The landscape was obviously different.

The teams who were the greatest in the modern era were the Oklahoma teams in the 70s, Miami in the 80s, the Nebraska teams in the 90s, and Bama in the 00s and recently.

If we are somehow able to do this thing we would have to be considered the greatest 3 year stretch since Yale in the 19th century (now we are really going back). Also, that Yale team played in a time where there were so few teams at all.

Anyways, we are in heady times for sure. Let's just enjoy it and if someone knocks us off it's ok we can try again next year as Kirby has built this thing to last.

• Options
    edited June 2023

@BigDawg888 ...FYI. I was going to just copy an excerpt of this Wikipedia article on the 1934 Football season. Note that Bama had 3 All Americans on a 13 man AA Team and Minnesota had 3. That's 6 players off of 2 teams, to represent the the best 13 College Football Players in the whole Country....if you buy that BS. Lol...they were lickin' them some Alabama and Yankee tail...a loooonggg time ago. Lol

Thought you might find this interesting. I never knew...and i thought i knew something. Lol. The last several years, has me looking a lot closer at things and asking more questions about things I assumed or took for granted. I don't take anything at face-value anymore, when it comes to what I read in a newspaper or online article...or, even a text book....I'm reexamining almost everything i thought i knew...going all the way back to my childhood.

[[[[[> Once again, University of Illinois Professor Frank Dickinson's math system selected a Big Ten team as national champion, the undefeated Minnesota Golden GophersWilliam Boand and Professor Edward Earl Litkenhous also selected Minnesota at the end of the season. The conference, however, still had a bar against its members playing in the postseason, so Minnesota did not play in any of the bowl games. The undefeated and eventual Rose Bowl champion Alabama Crimson Tide was selected as national champion by the other contemporary math system selectors, Dick Dunkel, Paul Williamson and Deke Houlgate.[1] <]]]]]

They were barred from postseason play by their own Conference (The Big10)...and, did NOT play in a bowl game, in 1934. YET...They were still selected NC over an undefeated Alabama Team that won the Rose Bowl.

Hmmm...Yankees over Southern Teams, when possible...Bama over everybody else, if not. I see how it works. Lol

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bama has had an unbelievable championship run over the last 15 years that's probably unlike any other program in history and I have much respect for their dominance but who, besides me, is tired of being compared to Bama? They won back-to-back championships and so did we. They are the reason we don't have a third championship under Coach Smart and we are the reason they don't have a seventh under Coach Saban. They recruit extremely well and so do we and they will be among the top programs in the country every year for the foreseeable future, and so will we.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BigDawg, I'm right with your observation....every pundit has the mountain whogies putting the DAWGS to the test at Neyland....I'm more concerned with the early game against Rattler and the Game ****....The War **** Eagles, not so much.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think BAMA survives LSU. From what I saw in the SECC game, LSU is way more explosive than BAMA will be with a newish QB. The main thing holding LSU back over the years until Joe B was their lack of scoring quickly, it was alwys about the run and defense, not anymore.

• Options

We don't play them so all of this is a bit premature. We can start thinking about them if they make it through their schedule this year. Based off of last year and having 5 close games 2 which they lost I'm not sold they will even be in the SECCG. We need to TCB ourselves first. December is not in my thinking yet. I just want to make it to fall camp. I am more concerned about when Smael Mondon and Branson Robinson will be healthy and available and who is going to win the QB job this year.