Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Top 5 explosive Georgia football playmakers primed for offensive fireworks in 2023

SystemSystem Posts: 10,533 admin
edited July 2023 in Article commenting
imageTop 5 explosive Georgia football playmakers primed for offensive fireworks in 2023

ATHENS — Georgia football will be looking for more offensive fireworks this season on the heels of another record-breaking championship season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 329 ✭✭✭ Junior

“connected assault”

So over these military metaphors 🙄

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 204 ✭✭✭ Junior

Crazy how half of Arians targets came during/after the SEC championship

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith

Good article Mike. Looks like we're on the same page, this year. Lol...especially, now that Bennett's moved on.

[departing QB Stetson Bennett reminded everyone at the team’s CFP Championship Game celebration that it was more about the players.

“It ain’t the Xs and Os,” Bennett said, “it’s the Jimmys and Joes.”]____MG

Yeah...hindsight bein' 20/20...I think I'm starting to understand the dynamic between Bennett and Monkin, that appears to have driven each to have a little animosity toward the other. However,...IMO...it's also the same dynamic that drove them to excel on the field & in the press box. I just wonder if "they" realize that.

If I'm reading your words right...you think the same thing and attribute Bennett's remark to a light jab at Monkin's ego. Afterall, Bennett certainly took his public licks over the previous 3 or 4 years.

Before...I didn't think it was intentional. Now...I'm starting to think, he was speaking for the team...and aimed his words at Monkin, as a parting gesture to/for his Dawg Brothers.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, you are on to something

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have followed the DAwgs for 55 years religiously. Even as recently as the Jake Fromm years I questioned why we never(seemingly) had receivers running wide open down the field for easy scores, at least on occassions , like so many mediocre teams did on the sport highlights on ESPN.

Our receivers just seemed to be blanketed all the time and we were dependent on the back shoulder pass and the quick bubble screen pass. THen came Monken and SB. And then I was like, OK getting receivers open isn't quite as hard as former OC's emad it seem. I attribute that much to Monken. Getting it to the receivers hands goes to SB. Ying and Yang or whatever.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yah, I agree. People who are really great at their job make it look easy. There are a handful of those in every profession. Is Bobo one of those? Hard to say since his track record recently (not talking about before he was a head coach) has not been great. Sure he can scheme with better players but what is going to happen when we face a team with equivalent talent? The 3-Peat is as much about Bobo as it is about our players.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawg888

Yeh, of course it helps a OC to have match up nightmares for opposing teams. I think this year should be more of the same. Our receiving corps should be the best all around we've had in maybe our history. We can go 3 TE's with Bowers, Delp and Luckie. We can go five wide with LAdd, Ra-Ra, Lovett, Jack-saint, Arian Smith,Bell, or Mekhi, DeNylon or one of the newbies. I'm like you, I have a wait and see approach on Bobo.

For me, we were better last year when Monken would take his foot off the brakes. I suspect it will be the same this season. provided Bobo(Kirby) doesn't try to stick to some kind of run, pass balance thing. Just do what works. Doing well in the passing game seemed to open up the run last year.

• Options

Bobo was set up for failure, when he left to go to Colorado St.. He never should've taken that job, IMO.

And, you can't count his year at Carolina or half year at Auburn. Their HC's were fired the year after Bobo was hired....and, it wasn't Bobo's fault. You can't build an offense from scratch "in a year" out of somebody else's recruits and, your offense....which is exactly what he would have to have done, to be "successful". Impossible, considering the players he had to work with, under those conditions.

Now, you can hold those years against him if you want to...but, IMO...that Dawg don't hunt. Lol. Bobo is a helluva Coordinator. I like our chances.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm optimistic. Just pointing out that the real test comes when we face similarly talented teams or tough conditions. I want to see Bobo perform on a 'Monken' level.

• Options

I agree...but, I believe Bobo is capable of outperforming Monkin "coaching on the field". My biggest question with Bobo, is...will he match or exceed Monkin, "controlling game flow in the Press Box".

Second question...less important...Will he be in the Press Box or on the sideline, calling plays?

And, I'd like to see the UGA QB..."BVG/Beck/Gunner"...perform at least to Bennett's level.

If Bobo and Beck (BVG/Gunner) can match the performance and intensity of Monkin and Bennett....you can go ahead and make your CFP plans. They'll be there for a few more years, at least, despite what the "brainless gumflappers" are saying.

Lol...IMO...From what I've seen and what I know...the Dawgs can get to the CFP, this year, next year...and, the next....on defense, alone. You can't "Beat em"...if ya can't "score on em". Throw in an explosive offense...and now, you've got a "Powerhouse". That was UGA's identity over the last couple of years. IMO

• Options

FYI...I'm watching a replay of the UGA vs TCU CFPCG...and, focusing on UGA's front 7. SMH...dang...they're gonna be monsters, this year. UGA's defensive backups were kickin' some TCU "OL arse", from the opening Kickoff.

Stackhouse and Carter, playing in tandem on the left side...stood out, from the start. Yet, Stackhouse hasn't gotten the Hype and respect of Carter, Davis or Wyatt. Watch out for him, this year. He's probably the biggest reason Alexander chose to leave. Lol