Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

When Georgia isn’t playing

dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Who do we pull for? Do we want OSU to beat Penn State so we go up or pull for them to lose so recruits notice OSU isn’t what its made out to be. I feel Tennessee upsetting Bama would be good because maybe butch would stay, and bama would drop to a loss. Sometimes I’m not sure who to pull for other than UGA.

Comments

• Options
    DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would much rather play an unbeaten #1 Bama in the SECCG, not that UT has a prayer in that one. Would love the chance to play any of those Big10 teams should we make it to the playoff so it doesn't matter who wins that one, although I thought OSU was off this week.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgnation7 said:
    Who do we pull for? Do we want OSU to beat Penn State so we go up or pull for them to lose so recruits notice OSU isn’t what its made out to be. I feel Tennessee upsetting Bama would be good because maybe butch would stay, and bama would drop to a loss. Sometimes I’m not sure who to pull for other than UGA.

I'm pulling for PSU. One, I love it when Urban Crier loses and, two, it's nice to see Franklin do well in the big 10 when he was so-so in the SEC.

• Options
    DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgnation7 said:

Michigan plays Penn State this weekend. So if you're talking about Georgia trying to move up to the number 2 spot, then Michigan would have to beat Penn State. Do I think it'll happen? Probably not since Penn State is well rested and Michigan is playing their second string QB. Who knows, especially after last week. I would very much cheer for Miss State this week since they play Kentucky and they're second in the SEC East with one loss in the conference. After this week, I would definitely cheer for anybody against USCe and Kentucky. More losses in the conference column would insure that Georgia would definitely make it to the SEC CG with a possible (but not likely) loss to Auburn. Georgia would definitely have to beat Alabama in the CG to make it to the playoffs. Another scenario is that Georgia wins out and loses by a close margin to Alabama and there would be two teams quite possibly in the NC game. There are still 8 undefeated teams in college right now with UCF and USF not really making any difference in making the push to top 5. Penn State and TCU and Wisconsin are all due for a loss right now. Penn State, to me, is overrated. TCU still has to play Texas and Oklahoma, and Wisoncsin is lucky to be ranked that high considering they've played absolutely NO ONE this season. Michigan will beat them.

TL:DR
    Root for anybody who is undefeated (minus Georgia) to lose a game.
    Root for anybody play against Kentucky and USCe to lose a game so that will give them more losses in the conference.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgnation7 said:

Penn St is playing Michigan. I don't know who to pull for as all the B1G are overrated IMO. I do want MSST to beat UK to give everyone 2 losses in the East. Bama should and will destroy UT.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I always root for anyone playing Tennessee.
    I hope USC jr loses and Kentucky to help us wrap up the east.

Next... I root for CHAOS. I want 7 teams in the top 25 to lose again. Keeps everything in perspective and helps drive our players motivation.

Plus (whenever uga isn't involved) rooting for David to slay Goliath is always fun.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

No way I pull for ANYONE wearing orange

• Options
    ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA just needs to mind their own knitting and keep on winning. The rest will take care of itself.

• Options
    Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2017

Alongside what has already been mentioned, I'm rooting for ND to beat USC. Increases our quality win and helps to continue to push the Pac-12 out of the playoff picture, just in case we end up with 1 loss after the SECCG.

Only caveat with that is I don't want ND to still be lingering around the Top 6 with one loss come playoff time. Hopefully CMR can handle that for us later in the season.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Midnite_Train said:
    Alongside what has already been mentioned, I'm rooting for ND to beat USC. Increases our quality win and helps to continue to push the Pac-12 out of the playoff picture, just in case we end up with 1 loss after the SECCG.

Only caveat with that is I don't want ND to still be lingering around the Top 6 with one loss come playoff time. Hopefully CMR can handle that for us later in the season.

Cmr is using that "U" as a lucky horseshoe. Don't know how much longer he can skate by on last second heroics.