Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football: What’s left on the bone for Kirby Smart with the juggernaut 2024 recruiting class?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,533 admin
edited July 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football: What’s left on the bone for Kirby Smart with the juggernaut 2024 recruiting class?

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep offers a good look at where the 2024 Georgia football recruiting class sits on July 10. What’s left? Who are the biggest remaining targets?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2023

@sentell. Jeff, does UGA really have a legitimate shot at getting Williams Nwaneri? Everything I look at says he's an Oklahoma heavy lean. How much are we in the mix?

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2023

Getting both Breland and Nwaneri would be awesome.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

I think we lose 2 of our current guys who are committed. A linebacker and a secondary. We replace them with 2 linebackers (Kris and hopefully William but if not then Cole). I think we really like Kam but there is no room for him unless we do not get one of the 5 star wrs to flip. I think we should get Breland and Nwaneri is 50/50 at this point but we look to be trending. I think if Bolden comes we lose the secondary guy. If he does not maybe we keep him. I think McCray is a backup in case we do not get both of the above. I'm pretty sure staff is confident we get 1 for sure of Breland and Nwaneri.

Anyways, I am high on all these players but if you had to pick 1 that I think will end up being the best here and in the NFL I'm actually going to go with Kris. His tape is pretty unreal and I love the guys who bring the wood (reminds me of Odell). Dude just crushes people...

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have to keep telling myself that stars are meaningless unless you plan on being the best HS player for your college career and that HS tapes show all of the great things you did against other HS teams that weren't as talented as you....Of the 8 players listed, hopefully 1 or 2 have the mental maturity and willingness to work to become DAWGS....I'm scratchin my head in wonder.....if you're honest and a straight shooter, why don't you just commit.....sorta like lookin at several beautiful women and knowing they all want you but you can only pick one. ****, pick one.....or maybe you're just into lookin at which I'd say avoid the current most beautiful and go with the pick that will keep telling you how great you are as opposed to making you work to become better than you ever thought you could become.....sorta like marriage too....happy to say that despite hitting the TP twice I finally picked my winner!

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nwaneri is the sleepier and from what I hear is leaning Dawgs. Bolden is a Yes, as is Williams- He is close to Ajanye.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The HS film is part of it, but most of the top 300 go to camps and play 7-7 ball against each other in the off season. Thus Scouts have the opportunity to see the best against the best. Now there are still hundreds of talented kids going to smaller schools that don’t get the full recognition they deserve. But if they are willing to put in the time, their stock will rise by the time they are juniors/ seniors.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

Pretty sure Nwaneri is the one who cut his OV at another school short so that he could go see Georgia again before the dead period began. If there even is an Oklahoma lean there, I doubt it's a heavy one.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

Are you sayin', some recruits are actually...just "Ho's" that are only interested in Kirby's NIL money? Back in the day...we called em "Gold-diggers". Lol

BTW...I read a story today, stating that Dilon Raiola was dropped from #1 Overall to #11...and #2 QB...behind that kid Alabama recruited, who is now #1.

Their reason for dropping him to #11, was malarkey. Unjustified, in my mind...except for the fact, it now gives Saban and Bama the #1 QB. Hmmm.

I have a feeling, they dropped him because he was about to become a Bulldog...and, we all know how mainstream media has historically disrespected Georgia and the Dawgs. Anything they can do to cast shade on Kirby and pump pink sunshine up Saban's butt.

Dear Kirby Smart & Team,

Please...Kick all their asses, this year...and next year...and the one after that. Don't let up until they all beg for mercy...and, in the spirit of the "12 Labors of Hercules"...wait...and slay Cerberus (Saban) last. Savor the flavor of sweet victory & vindication, Boys. It's been a long time comin'.

• Options
    edited July 2023

I think Raiola was dropped because of his accuracy performance at the Elite 11. He did come back in another session and lead his group to 5 of 7 tds or something which I think tied for best result in that category.

Good news is most people are taking stock in his session where he led his team to 5 of 7 tds and not the accuracy thing. This is what is called 'picking the pepper out of the crap' when you only consider the bad results of 1 qb competition and not the other where he excelled.

Regardless, rankings are nice but where did Stetson end up at the Elite 11?

Raiola is a team guy and that is what we need. He has a high floor and a high ceiling.

Now when it comes to rankings Tuggle and Thomas and a bunch of others are ranked way too low. Joseph Jonah Ajonye should be a 5 star. Thomas should be a 5 star. Chauncey a 5 star. What is crazy is how low so many of the guys we have are right now in the rankings.

• Options
    edited July 2023

According to ESPN's Top 100...UGA has the #1 & #2 player. While Bama has the #3 & #4 player. The order varies over a number of sites.

1. Ellis Robinson. 2. Dylan Raiola. 3. Julian Sayin. 4. Jaylen Mbakwe

I can't help, but think these ratings are influenced to some degree, by which school the player chooses. If Raiola had chosen Bama...do you think they would've had the nerve to drop a "Saban Pick"? Now? Before the season?

Raiola has owned the top spot for quite a while. Seems like, to drop him at THIS point, you would need a valid reason. And, to me...what you stated about the Elite 11 is NOT a valid reason. For all we know...he could've had a sprained finger or cut on his hand or some other mitigating factor that effected his accuracy in the ONE drill. That's Oscar Meyer Bologna!!

I read the take. They're not even sure why he dropped.

• Options

I love being #1 in recruiting but if I have learned anything from Kirby it is that as long as you are in the top 3 or 4 and you develop players then you have a chance to be #1 when it really counts.

I agree with your take but the best scholarship Kirby ever offered was to Stetson Bennett IV.

• Options

I agree. Actually, I never really put a lot of stock in these rankings. Especially after seeing unexplainable differences and adjustments by-and-between all the Recruiting Services. Like this Raiola thing. Just pointing it out...mainly, cause it's 7 weeks before football season and I'm bored. Lol

• Options
    JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,580 admin
    edited July 2023

Hey @MACDAWG -- Good day to you.

I've got some good news for you. The 'Dawgs are very much in the mix there.