Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Report: Georgia defensive lineman stopped for speeding, later arrested

2»

Comments

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

These guys continue to embarrass UGA. Obviously we’ve got a bunch that don’t have a whole lot going on upstairs.

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is happening across the country & is certainly not limited to UGA athletes or any other institution. It’s an epidemic within the 25 & under male demographic. High school to young adults. From athletes to “mathletes” & every one in between, kids are playing Russian Roulette with vehicles & high speed. There are thousands upon thousands of videos on YouTube, Instagram, TicToc, etc… of kids driving at high speeds, racing, doing donuts, & dangerous stunts both on & off road. They feel immortal, invincible, & have zero respect or concern for authority. The real concern at UGA, these guys just lost a team mate & friend due to this sort of stupidity & if anything the problem has escalated. Maybe the solution is to build facilities where these kids, with some safety equipment, can go destroy as many cars as they want in an enclosed environment.

• Options
    Tom_BomadilTom_Bomadil Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

All true...but, reporters don't really care about facts. They're pesky things that get in the way of a good story...or, in this case...a good narrative. I feel shame and embarrassment for even reading this crap. I'm done...gotta go take a shower, now. Lol

BTW...I don't believe the magnitude of the problem in the <25 demographic, has fluctuated one iota, since before I was a kid.

There's just more focus on it, since the accident that took young lives. There always is. Everytime a kid gets killed in a car accident, here where I'm from...cops troll for speeders hard, hoping to slow people down for a while. Then, everything reverts back to normal, until "the next time".

If you, or anybody else can find a solution to that problem...maybe they should give, "curing Cancer" a shot.

I've suggested planting decoy police cars along busy highways and/or problem areas. That slowed speeders down, effectively in some areas along the I-95 Corridor. So...there's that. I offered a viable solution to a known problem. Nothing more I can do. Kirby, either...so, I don't see the point.