Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football leads the way in placing 6 players on ESPN Top 100 college football players

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football leads the way in placing 6 players on ESPN Top 100 college football players

Georgia football will open the season as the No. 1 team in both the AP and Coaches Poll. A big reason why is the team talent level, even after losing 10 players to the NFL draft this past year.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Six seems a little low, honestly. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that at least five of the following players will make the top 100 list at the end of the year: Beck (or Vandergriff), Ratledge, Mims, Lovett, McConkey, Stackhouse, Marvin Jones, Lassiter, Bullard, Aguero.

I might even add Milton to the list of possibilities. He continues to have high upside IMO.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

6 is low but the placement is also interesting.

Nothing against the Heisman winner but Brock is the best player in college football. That qb hasn't won squat for his team. Let's see how he does this year. He seems like a me me guy. I would take Brock 10 times out of 10 over him.

Now Mykel at 10 seemed high to me. I guess this is a projection. I would swap him and Starks who was 41? Starks might be the most athletic guy in the country hopefully he has a big year.

Pre season stuff is fun but I'm really looking forward to the country experiencing our linebacking corps first hand.

Night game coming up. Got my tickets with my son and am very excited about seeing all of that talent on the field. The second half with all of our young guys might be more fun then the first half plus hopefully Bobo will let Griff sling it.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CandlerPark, BigDawg, I'm with you guys....just 6???? It's ESPN and they definitely don't want to show any favoritism towards The Dawg's over the B10. I'm going out on very steady limb and add one or both of the Robinsons, Cash Jones and I'm pullin for Big Baby Jordan Hall! Hands down, Brock is the best player in college football and why Bullard, the hardest hitter in D-1 didn't make the list is a mystery to me.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't believe I left off wide receivers.... Arian Smith.....he deserves a spot in the Top 100 for no other reason than incinerated the Ohio State coverage for a score in the Peach Bowl. All in all, not too shabby as our 6 are all in the first 50.