Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

You Can't Get Romantic on a Subway Line...

CigarDawgCigarDawg Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Conductor don't like it, says you're wasting your time.

Comments

• Options
    ChopperChopper Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you haven't already give the Rogan Podcast with Diamond Dave a spin. Time has not been kind to him. He looks like he has been sleeping behind a dumpster huffing oven cleaner. Truly has smoked himself ****.

• Options

I did see that and I had a similar reaction. He looks like an old lady from Boca Raton. However, he has lost none of his love for hearing himself speak.

Listening to Pandora brough back memories of when that song came out. I had no idea what exactly it was that everybody wanted some of, but I sang at the top of my lungs that I wanted some, too!! 🤣

• Options
    ChopperChopper Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Happens so many times with the celebrities who keep living off of the past and become a caricature of their former selves long after the world has moved on. Royalties keeps it rolling for them and the shine of the former glory blinds them to the fact that everyone else has left the party.

Burt Reynolds did the same thing, although at the end he acknowledged and would appear to have made peace with the regret. "The Last Movie Star" was awfully telling, especially when he broke the fourth wall at the end. He signed off strongly.

• Options
    dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like a Roger Miller song. You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Father Time is undefeated...

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've listened to that song I don't know how many times since the early 80s and did not know those were they lyrics....

• Options

I was in my 50's before I finally decided to use the interwebs and find out that opening lyric, myself. Also the line about the moonbeam.

I also never knew the words "Yes, I'm living at a pace that kills" from Running with the Devil until the interwebs came along. I thought it was "Yes, I'm living at a Bayside View" 😂😂😂