Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Carson Beck Georgia QB1: benches frustrating past, takes center stage Wednesday

SystemSystem Posts: 10,551 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageCarson Beck Georgia QB1: benches frustrating past, takes center stage Wednesday

ATHENS — Carson Beck’s talent has never been in question at Georgia, but it has taken three years for everything else to fall in place.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Caron said a number of schools reached out to him... isn't that a pretty significant violation?! Glad he stayed, because if he's better than Brock and Gunner, 2023 will be a fun ride. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 494 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

“I could have went somewhere,” Beck told podcast host Darrell Streeter. “There were a lot of schools that did reach out to me, and I did consider it at the time.”

legit question. Could he be required to disclose who reached out to him in a tampering lawsuit?

• Options
    Sportsbuff13Sportsbuff13 Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

Why did you emphasize "paid interview" twice?

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

Turn on the UAB tape and you may have part of the answer....,,the interception he threw, him letting the defender run by him making NO effort to tackle him & him walking off the field laughing.

That is enough to chap any coach's azz, as well as his teammates. Attitude is everything, hopefully he has matured.

The other part is that SB was just the better QB, hard to argue results.

Beck does seem to have most all of the physical tools, he throws a beautiful ball and seems to read the field well. He also has stuck around, that is a good sign (maturity). He has the opportunity to prove himself, I hope he takes advantage of it.....time will tell.

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Eastmandawg

I watched Stetson throw a pick against the Gators last year and he was laughing on the sidelines before he came back on the field. What does that say about him?