Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

As college football season begins, national media doesn’t believe Georgia football will 3-peat

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageAs college football season begins, national media doesn’t believe Georgia football will 3-peat

ATHENS — For some, the college football season begins this weekend. Notre Dame takes on Navy in Dublin, Ireland while USC and Heisman winner Caleb Williams take on San Jose State.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RS289RS289 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

If they do they will still treated unfairly in the Media. Seems like the media loves to put the Dawgs down.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is good news.

Let everybody focus on Michigan. They always have the best line, right.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    georgiajeepn2019georgiajeepn2019 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ha Ha. Those three knuckleheads are considered National Media? lol.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Georgia beats Michigan by 10-14 and Bama by 17-20. Come back at the end of the year and let's see how accurate my prediction turns out.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think at some point BAMA will have a QB controvery. Milroe is the athlete playing QB, a gifted runner, but not as good with passing consistency. THe Notre Dame transfer is probably the better passer but not as gifted a runner,so there. I figure at some point thepassing of Milroe might be suspect.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2023

i agree the Ole Miss and Tenn MIGHT be close games. But so could SC and Tech.

a close game means the starters play 3 full quarters before the dawg depth wears down the opponents and the 4th quarter becomes clear just how deep and strong this roster is.

as for as Bama in the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP. the west will be wild this year and I predict a surprise winner to take on the dawgs in Atlanta

UGAs toughest game will be the Natty with the semi final seemingly too easy.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Those kids have got to want it almost more than anything in life.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

National Media???? How bout 3 media members? If you had to say what represents the National Media, it would be the AP Poll which picked UGA #1. Common Conner.

• Options
    street0123street0123 Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

Actually, when the games get played, I think the ranked teams UGA may face could be South Carolina, Auburn and Kentucky. Now if Ole Miss and Tennessee are able to upset a few teams before they face UGA then they could also be ranked when Georgia plays them. My expectations are that UGA will end the season having played 3-5 ranked opponents before the SEC championship. It's not an easy schedule until you look back and see who actually played who when.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bama won't be there in December. The West has 2 or 3 Teams other than Bama, that have what it takes to win the West. IMO

LSU...is the obvious choice to win the West...however. Texas A&M is making a pretty good case for competing with LSU. Ole Miss and Arkansas are on the same tier as Alabama. Auburrn & Miss St are in rebuild mode and will be lucky to win 6 or 7 games and become Bowl Eligible.

IMO...There are actually 5 Teams in the West that stand out as possible opponents to the Dawgs in the SECCG. In order...I believe they will shake out as follows....

1. LSU

2. A&M

3. ARK (*)

3. Bama (*)

5. Ole Miss

6. AUB

7. Miss St

(*)....indicates a tie

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Aside from overemphasizing the amount of national media doubting our DAWGS, Connor, your wrote the following: Georgia has won back-to-back national championships and is aiming to be the first team since Minnesota in the 1930s.

I believe "to win three National Championships consecutively" should have followed the "1930s". Having a journalism degree from UGA, I tend to go easy on sports columnists, but, Conner, you could, and should, do better with but a bit of self editing.

Otherwise, good info, and GO DAWGS!!! Being a ninety percent disabled vet, your games rekindle memories of when I attended UGA, and enjoyed going to the games a great deal. Those two Natties meant the world to me. A 2023-peat would top it off well!

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is bogus writing, most media I’ve seen local and national predict a 3-peat!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...Clemson plays a weak Conference Schedule...EVERY year. In fact, the toughest game on their schedule, is South Carolina at the end of the year. This year, however...it could actually be Ga Tech that surprises everybody.

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like it. No kool-aid or rat poison, it's just fuel for motivation. Best to be underestimated than overrated. Go Dawgs!! 3peat!!

• Options
    cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

Keep talking national pundits… love it.

Though one thing I have learned is that these pundits don’t have a clue. All three mentioned are wrong more often than right.