Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football places 50 on opening day NFL rosters following cut-down day

SystemSystem Posts: 10,551 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football places 50 on opening day NFL rosters following cut-down day

NFL rosters were cut down from 90 to 53 on Tuesday. While some Bulldogs were cut and await to find out their NFL futures, Georgia will still be represented.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 363 ✭✭✭ Junior

Too bad Jake Fromm didn't make the redskins. He should have.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow if this isn't recruiting material then nothing is.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hats off to Kearis for making the Titans 53 man roster, he is and has always been the epitome of what a DGD is and will always be! I'm shocked that Jake didn't make that Washington what evers team.....He was phenomenal in the off season.....no doubt he'll be picked up by a smarter team!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 494 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2023

Here’s hoping “RESPECT THE SPECS”. Hot Rod Blankenship can find a team.

and I didn’t see Podlesny’s name either.

both very capable kickers

• Options
    JimBobJimBob Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

Congrats to Kearis. I guess I am now an Eagles and Rams fan Falcons are a disaster area I think. Not sure why the Falcons do no seem to value UGA playeers.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Imagine if the Falcons drafted only players from UGA and nobody else did. They'd win the Super Bowl every year maybe.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very simple answer. Most big business leaders in Atlanta are not Georgia fans. A lot of transplants who are fans of the usual suspects up north.

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still 58 years and counting and the Falcons have NEVER drafted a Georgia Bulldog in the first or 2nd round. EVER.

No excuse for that... period.

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 81 ✭✭ Sophomore

The Falcons have never drafted a Dawg, if that is true, well no wonder everybody beats them. Get some Dawgs win football games. Seems simple to me!

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Two times they have drafted a Dawg in the third round, both in the later part of it. Scott Woerner from 1981 draft and Akeem Dent in the 2011 draft if I recall correctly.