Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia QB Carson Beck shares pregame emotions, finding comfort zone with Mike Bobo

SystemSystem Posts: 10,533 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia QB Carson Beck shares pregame emotions, finding comfort zone with Mike Bobo

ATHENS — Georgia quarterback Carson Beck is not an emotional guy, but Saturday night will hit different.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

LOVE Beck's attitude, a DGD! You KNOW Alabama or Florida would have loved to have this kid on their rosters.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Beck has not faced any adversity yet. He has learned that it takes hard work to get better and position yourself for success. If you expect to succeed in life based solely on the largesse of the universe you are in for a rude awakening. He realized this early on, toughened up and got better. 2nd string QB is the easiest gig around until QB1 gets hurt. He will face adversity this season.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I for one am going to miss Adonai Mitchell. Kid made pressure catch after pressure catch. THe biggest catches in the two biggest games. Hope someone else can fill his shoes.

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 329 ✭✭✭ Junior

You took the words out of my mouth. Too many youngsters have a poor understanding of the word “adversity” bc they’re sheltered in/by the world of CFB. He’ll receive a new education this fall…but even that won’t be completely devoid of the benefits of his bubble.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Adversity or not, what I saw last year from Beck is when he got the chance to run the offense, unlike Vandagriff who came in to run out the clock, there was no drop off whatsoever.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He would've had to play behind Trask & Richardson, I believe. But, yeah....after what I saw tonight, I think they'd love to have him.

On second thought...If Beck had gone to Florida, He may have taken over for Trask after the 2020 season. And Mullins wouldn't have been fired, because they would've looked more like the 2020 version of Florida...and won more games. Maybe.

Either way...if Beck had gone to FLA...Mullin might still be there...but...Beck would not be the player or QB he is today.

WIN-WIN??? [Florida got rid of Mullin] and [Beck is the "best he can be"]. Lol

IMO...Beck's gonna win the Heisman and Bowers is gonna place 2nd or 3rd. It'll be like the Sullivan to Beasley connection of the early '70's. They were both considered for the Heisman. In fact, that was "the big debate", that year. Lol...can't remember the year.

• Options

I agree....I saw a drastic improvement between the 2021 version and the 2022 version. That told me all I need to know about this kids head-space. He's in it, to win it. You don't get that kind of improved without a lot of hard work and focus.

Makes me wonder if it's possible for Beck to take another leap like that, in 2023. If he can and does...it's scary to think how good he could be, with a steady receiving core and "time to throw). Either, way, what I saw from him "last year"...was "Winning Football". I expect...at least THAT...to carry over to '23.

Lol...I see how a player could become "complacent", playing on a Team like UGA's. But, none of the usual things seem effect the players. I don't know how Kirby keeps them ALL so focused and committed. That's something that goes beyond "football" or "coaching". It's a gift.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He actually has faced a significant amount of adversity and stayed through it and grown as a young man and quarterback when much of the fan base thought he would leave. I do agree that he has not encountered the adversity a starting quarterback needs to respond to throughout a season. I believe the adversity he has worked through over his tenure at UGA has prepared him and I am excited to see him this season.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Same old poster putting negative spins on things. Oof, I wonder if someone is paying him to do it or he is a closet fan of another team.

Beck is great and IS the quarterback people have been clamoring for for a long time. I truly believe that.

When we got JT we thought he was going to be all world but he struggled. That could of been the OC at the time or playing against our defense in practice will lower most qbs confidence. Either way he flashed a little and then just didn't seem to be a good fit.

I think Beck was not ready mentally 2 years ago. He was immature and didn't understand the gravity of the opportunity he had. He understands now and we are going to be a better team for it.

Super excited for him and our team. We are going to light up a lot of teams this year and will look more like the OSU passing attack on offense. Combine that with our defense. Wowzers!

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He played well in the National Championship. Everyone would be nervous their first game, but he's got enough experience to move on. I'm looking forward to seeing the new young running backs. This offensive line should put the nation on notice.

• Options

Adversity is when you're behind in the 4th quarter and it's 2 minutes left! That's when you find out who you really are. Everything else is just window dressing!

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bigdawg88 JT struggled to 401 yards passing in his first start and a school-record QB rating on a team that had been eliminated from the East and was injury riddled and young at WR.

Let's hope Beck "struggles" like JT did haha

• Options
    edited September 2023

Hell...I hope not. He darn near lost to Cincinnati and Clemson. You can have ole JT. I'll take Beck...then BVG...then...Stockton....then, I'll wrap it up with Raiola. Maybe. Lol

• Options

JT "almost lost" to a much better team than SB almost lost to @Mizzou. That type of comparison is useless dont you think? SB being QB worked out better than JT. good for us! Good for SB! But he(JT) was 7-0 as a starter. Lets don't resort to "almost lost games" to try to make him out to be some type of loser. From evey indication he was a great teammate even when he probably felt like he should be starting. I'll alway as appreciate that about him.

• Options

JT starts for Rice against Texas tomorrow! Go JT!

• Options

I wasn't trying to do a comparison, my friend. Mike said he hoped Beck struggled like JT. But, the guy's got blinders on when it comes to critiquing him, in any way.

I simply said..."I hope Beck DOES NOT STRUGGLE LIKE JT".

JT struggled against Cincinnati and won on a last second FG. Then, followed that up, by not scoring ANY points against a Clemson Team that wound up with 3 or 4 losses in the weakest division in the Country.

Now....I'm not saying. All of that was entirely his fault....cause, it wasn't, IMO. There were a few mitigating factors, like "Post-Season Sit Outs" and injury. But it is what it is...he struggled.

Don't be so sensitive...I like JT too. Just, not as a College QB. I think he could be highly effective, on the "right pro team"...like ole Tom Brady or Payton Manning, neither of which would've been "Great" on their own with a bad franchise.

QB's like JT aren't the "Prototype", anymore, IMO. That ground is constantly shifting, in College. It follows that most of the NFL has also gone to the "Mobile Quarterback"....and, JT is just, "not mobile". He is going have to have just a little luck. Things going his way, just once. I know there's a few NFL Teams with a close eye on him this year. He could be a helluva steal, for a team running out of a tradition pro-style offense.

JT's luck, has to change, and I hope it does...STARTING TOMORROW. Hell...if it weren't for "Bad Luck"...he'd have "No Luck at All". Lol

Go Dawgs...Go JT....Skit em Beck, show everybody what they've been waiting for....45-0 @ the half. Then BVG and Gunner finish it out, adding another 24 points...mostly on the ground. 69-0 FINAL Score....that's my prediction.