Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

UT-Martin coach provides telltale insight into why and where Georgia had early struggles

SystemSystem Posts: 10,552 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageUT-Martin coach provides telltale insight into why and where Georgia had early struggles

ATHENS — Jason Simpson had some telling and complimentary comments about Georgia football on Saturday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA looks vulnerable now. Stop the run game...force a newbie starter to throw. Stronger teams may have a chance of pulling that off. I just don't know for certain as yet. UGA OL got shoved around....that is for certain....by a totally inexperineced Martin defense! Bobo did alright later, but Beck took some time to find his groove. Bobo should have given a quick call to Monken to bail him out earlier....lolol..Kidding. Monken had his troubles with Kent State and Mizzou as I recall. The jury is out for me on this year's team after last night. If UGA behaves similarly against Ball State...it will be a very long season...IMLO.

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 401 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The defense was great and we knew that with all of our players out being the first real game--It would take time to offensively find our groove. Can't wait foe the SC game and the beginning of the SEC schedule.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This article added to my understanding of what I saw last night.

Just going by what folks were saying around me as I watched the game, many fans don't understand the importance of establishing a run game especially when doing so means initially unsuccessful hammering and hammering to soften up the other team's defense.

In many ways our game plan is to beat the other team up with body blows. It takes a while.

Too many fans expected us to look in this season's first game like the polished, seasoned, finely tuned team they last saw demolish TCU.

Kirby & Company have their work cut out for them. This Georgia team is a work in progress. It will be a work in progress until the final series of the final game. Kirby might be the hardest coaching head coach in the land. Good thing, as there is plenty of work to be done.

We have a long way to go, but they same could have been said, and probably was said by those in the know, last season and the season before.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A very uninspiring offensive first half. Let's see where we are after a couple more games. Time to earn that paycheck Bobo.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not concerned in the slightest. A first game and yes we were far from perfect, but about what I expected. I thought Beck did fine, protected the ball and he should only get better. Lot of players got some experience, which is always good and the Dawgs will continue to fine tune and be fairly vanilla til the SC game.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

UT Martin turned out to be a game opponent. I thought the fans were in mid-season form even if the team was not. What I did not hear were any boos from the crowd. Those reports are unsubstantiated in my view. Also, Twitter trolls need to slow their roll on Bobo after just one game.

No, the first quarter wasn’t great but let’s give them a little grace please. There was going to be an adjustment no matter who the offensive coordinator was, with the wholesale changes on that side of the ball. Have some confidence in Kirby and keep the faith. Go Dawgs!