Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart comments on Jarvis Jones’ reckless driving arrest

SystemSystem Posts: 10,533 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart comments on Jarvis Jones’ reckless driving arrest

ATHENS – Georgia head coach Kirby Smart commented on the arrest of Georgia staffer Jarvin Jones, who was arrested on Friday on reckless driving and speeding charges by the Athens Clarke-County Police Department.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good god y’all are slow at reporting. How are y’all local and ESPN reports on it first? I swear DawgNation writers have really gone way downhill since Chip and Seth left. No investigative reporting, no talking to the President or AD about the speeding issues. It’s mainly 75% of what come from ESPN or if anybody utters UGA that really has no relevance to the fans, who cares what Bryan Kelly says after a loss to FSU? Once Jeff leaves this page, this site will be a total stinker. Go get some sources, be actual reporters and not bloggers for clicks. Here’s and idea, don’t ask Kirby or the players bc they aren’t going to tell you anything, have to go to the top or very bottom, y’all probably haven’t thought of that.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

2400 bond? So, he kidnap somebody too?

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't know the facts so I'll reserve judgement......what I do know is that Clarke/Oconee are the heaviest policed counties in Georgia, traffic violations are the #1 focus of concern for UGA student athletes, Jarvis is a grown ass adult who has accepted a job where being a "ROLL MODEL" is paramount......I'm sure Kirby has communicated and reiterated The Dawg expectations and that Jarvis is on a very short leash.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stiff bail I agree. Kirby is gonna take this seriously as he is a staffer with some cred. He was an exemplary sfaffer and brought honor etc to the program..now this. UGA has its hands full with traffic violators. Kirby will say one more infraction of any degree and you're out..IMO.

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Google, "speeding tickets for athletes" and the first few results shows something relating to UGA. This is ridiculous. Just make everyone on the team call an Uber, even the coaches.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Where’s the news on Arik Gilbert being arrested at Nebraska and it wasn’t for speeding? Let’s report on all major college athletes’ wrong doings if you’re going to report garbage like this.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior

100% on Uber. Use some of that NIL money (players, not JJ) and save yourself a world of hassle.

Actually, if I'm the VP of Marketing for Uber, this gives me an idea: official ride share for UGA football.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 363 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is NOT the example coach Jarvis Jones should have been for the players.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

People call out Dawgnation when it reports on players from other teams or former players AND when it it doesn't. Can't win.

JJ is an employee of the UGA football program. 14 incidences SINCE the fatal accident. Immiaturity and discipline will be the undoing of this team.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"This is NOT the example coach Jarvis Jones should have been for the players."

I couldn't agree more @VenomGA. I mean, his title is "player connection coordinator."

I want to reserve judgment until we learn more. Whatever he was allegedlly doing probably had something to do with the high bond. But there's really no excuse for this.

I also want to believe that Kirby didn't know about the late Friday night arrest before letting Jarvis join them on the sideline during the game.

• Options
    rjallenrjallen Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

The impact of Coach Jones's charges will be known when:

Was he operating a University vehicle?

Did he have student passengers?

An arrest and high bond would indicate extremely aggravated circumstances and / or a charge of only a very few traffic violations.

IF not operating a University vehicle and if not carrying current students or guests of the Athletic Department- visiting high school prospect and their families, I agree it is a very embarrassing "private matter". But the above must be made public given recent history.