Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football instant observations as Bulldogs bully Ball State for Week 2 win

SystemSystem Posts: 10,565 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football instant observations as Bulldogs bully Ball State for Week 2 win

ATHENS — Georgia had started slow once again. A missed field goal on the opening drive of the game was followed by a punt on the team’s second.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good win...BUT...UGA is still not fully jelling, Should have been a lot more points. IMO. First and fourth quarters.....disasters. Got to stop the run. SC won't be as easy a target...rely on it. Cup cakes are over...now the fun begins.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Dawgs have a long way to go offensively as the competition gets better. These little belly passes are not doing much of anything with the current competition and certainly won’t against better.

offensive line is a big concern right now as far as run blocking and again, it’s against B teams. I give O-line a D+ to maybe a C-, only because they improved a tad as the game went on and Ball State wore down.

Carson is still our best bet right now but he made some bad reads today. Foot work was still good, timing a little better but he missed a couple easy td’s because of missed reads. I’ll give him a solid B.

special teams A- only because of the missed FG, otherwise it would have been an A.

Brock was out of sorts today and that is probably his first off game ever. Young man is a stud.

Milton was dancing to much but for good reason, he don’t trust his line to get the holes open.

A win is a win and I’m happy for that.

Time to take it up a notch now! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Both incompletions to the best TE in college football were poor passes, the TD drop Beck did not do Bowers any favors by throwing the ball right where the defender is right there to just bash it out; the short pass to the right that Bowers dropped was thrown (once again) behind him so he has to turn 360 degrees to catch it.

I would have thought that Stinchcomb and Tartar sauce Zarzur would have at least mentioned that because Beck has been throwing behind his “elite group” of pass catchers for 2 games now and also under throwing them where they have to come back at least 2 to 4 yards to have any chance to catch them.

Beck needs to get it together and throw his receivers open & throw them to where they are going; he CLEARLY is NOT doing that on more than 50% of his passes, even the simple ones where Bobo is having him dink and dunk into space l in the flats for 2 or three yards.

Beck and Bobo better get a lot better over the next few weeks, because we all know what some of these SEC defenses are going to do against that scheme and strategy.

Great performance by the defense.

Offense is way behind where they need to be and I do not buy it is just because of the injuries at RB.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 375 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Beck hit Bowers in the numbers in the end zone on a pass he catches every time….. except this one. He hit him again on a pass that Bowers also dropped. Is it possible maybe BB had an off day or are you so against Beck that you just can’t see the game for what it actually is?

That last comment with the criticism of Beck is absolute nonsense.

• Options
    stacey20stacey20 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

#86 NEEDS TO BE THE FEATURE RUNNING BACK. HE GOT THE JUICE. The other backs are slow and don't have that 2nd gear. Carson Beck need more rep to build his confidence. #12 should be playing the Quarterback position.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@87dawg

Yes, you got me, that’s it.

Is it possible maybe CB is not ready to be the starting QB for a top ranked team or are you so for making excuses for Beck and Bobo that you just can’t see the slow & sleep walking starts on offense to two games in a row and 50% of his passes are not even close to being on target for a guy who has been in the program for 3+ years for what it actually is? 

That last response to my opinionated post about the behind & not close to target pass to Brock where he clearly had to turn around over 270 degrees which is why he didn’t bring it in ON TAPE but you describe as if it was on the money is absolute nonsense.