Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett placed on non-football injury list as Sean McVay gives cryptic update

2»

Comments

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

Heard Drew Butler talking about this today and he said it is most likely not good - was most likely behavioral based on how it was announced/handled. As far as putting him on NFI vs cutting him; The Rams are not going to cut bait on a 4th round pick they traded up to draft at the first sign of trouble since the draft. This is a league that has let just about every bad actor continue to play football with multiple "second" chances. The fact he is still on the team doesn't indicate anything. For his sake, I hope his head is on straight and he keeps himself clean...LA offers lots of temptations.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

Lol...so, in other words...we don't know. It is, what it is. I think, if it was "bad"...with social media and SoCal being what it is...we would've heard about it, by now. It could be an embarrassing family or physical issue. "More than likely". Else...somebody within the team's structure would've leaked it.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He is still a young guy and we all did stuff when we were young and some of it was really ****. If this is the case maybe McVey is doing the best thing possible for him and giving him the wake up call he needs. If it is not a bad thing but something else than hopefully it gets resolved. Either way I think it is good for him in the long term.

I'm going for glass half full on this thing. Whatever it is I hope he gets through it and comes back and excels.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just the way that the coach phrased it indicates to me that he did something ****. Just based on his history of how he almost tanked his NFL career with that drunk behavior pre-draft (in which time you have one job - get fit and don't do **** stuff) would indicate to me that it's alcohol related. That's just my guess - hoping to see him back on the team soon.