Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart updates where things stand with Georgia’s on-going kicker competition

SystemSystem Posts: 11,043 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart updates where things stand with Georgia’s on-going kicker competition

ATHENS — When your kickers have been Rodrigo Blankenship, a Lou Groza Award winner, and Jack Podlesny, the 2022 SEC Special Teams Player of the Year, you have high standards at the position.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Competition is great and as far as our kickers it is early and I trust every conceivable pressure situation is being applied to the competition. I have no doubt that with experience Woodring or Zirkel will emerge and become the outstanding kicker the standard demands. The key is game time experience.....Saturday, I hope we see both in pressure situations.

• 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

Open up tryouts for anyone interested. Somebody out there is better than this kid.

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have 2 years of eligibility left. I think I can make a 30 yarder...

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Woodring was the #1 ranked kicking prospect last year? What happened? Kind of like Zirkel.....much pre-UGA hype and only now has started and has performed less than expected...several years later? I hope they gain confidence and live up to their hype. Practice and game two different settings.

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 439 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m not privy to what goes on in practice, but am as to what goes on in games. When a kicker at arts missing chip-shot FGs, it’s gone mental. Let Zirkel give it a good in a game situation. Hard to believe he couldn’t do better than Woodring has done so far.

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 439 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Starts not at arts. My goodness!