Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National media doesn’t see Georgia as the No. 1 team in college football entering Auburn game

2»

Comments

• 99nout99nout Posts: 234 ✭✭✭ Junior

Happy to hear it.

hopefully this makes the team hungry and go out there with something to prove

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the same national media that said watch out for Alabama right? The national media is fickle don't pay attention to them. Just win and keep moving the national media will come around once they realize what the real story is (Three Peat).

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

To dethrone the king you have to beat the king.

• psyopdawgpsyopdawg Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

I don’t think the team cares about the media doubt. And I don’t think that Dawgnation does either. The media has been doubting Georgia for years while Kirby’s teams have been among the most dominant in CFB. And, have done so in the the toughest conference in all of sports

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We haven't played like the No. 1 team in college football. Everyone seemed to agree with Mike Griffith about that yesterday when he put Georgia third in the power rankings. I'm not sure why folks are lambasting a handful of people in national media for taking a perfectly reasonable stand.

Anyway, this is good for the team. Much better than rat poison.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Its funny that after BAMA lost to Texas, it was well, this isn't a good BAMA team, then they win against a mediocre Ole MIss and Lo and behold, the pundits are putting BAMA ahead of LSU and Texas A&M. THey're fickle like that!

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 325 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Feed the beast, my feeling is the Dawgs will come out "hungry" and play their best game of the season....

• WCHWCH Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Power rankings at this point in the season are BS, and they are a way distracting coaching staffs and teams from focusing on winning the next game. We should be thinking about beating Auburn and I'm sure that is where the Dawg's focus is. Go Dawgs!!!

With the exception of Schlabach, no one at ESPN gives a rat's behind about Georgia.

• paleodawgpaleodawg Posts: 11 ✭✭ Sophomore

Let's not forget that the CFP Committee ranked UGA #3 to in the opening ranking, giving that position to Tennessee. I will not be shocked if they don't rank UGA at #1 again. I think it would actually help Kirby and team morale, if they ranked UGA in a lower position.

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wonderful, we'll check back in January and as long as we are 1-4 the three peat Natty is ours! That will guarantee that in 2024 we will never be #1 to start the season as no one has ever 4 peated!