Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dillon Bell embraces the challenge of playing running back and wide receiver for Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 11,080 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageDillon Bell embraces the challenge of playing running back and wide receiver for Georgia football

ATHENS — Dillon Bell playing running back can no longer be classified as just an experiment. It’s something Georgia has used as a valuable component of the Georgia offense.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He can do it all - superman

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's got moves like Jagger!

• thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nope. Get him back to full time WR as soon as possible so UGA can use his height, size and strength. UGA is running a pro style offense and those require big physical WRs

• UGA64UGA64 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great to have a versatile back and receiver like Dillion. Go Dawgs!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

DBell is a very skilled player and epitomizes what it means to be a team player. Nice to have that option to throw at a D to mix things up. I expect to see his need at WR outweigh his need at RB as the RB room gets healthy. With his contributions and versatility, DBell is quietly turning into one of my favorite players to watch on the team. DBell, Deebo potato patahto. Nice weapon to have in the arsenal.

No need to rush RRob back this week w/ Milton coming back. Give RRob this week, next week (Vandy) and the bye week off and bring him back 100% for FU. When I saw RRob early in the year I thought he would be RB1 by the FU game. I think he is the best RB in the room. Gotta get healthy.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I expect to see a wheel-route to Bell on Satuday.

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree, I would design plays around Dillon Bell like they do with Bowers. Linebackers wouldn't know which way to go.

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Connor, wondering.....just who identified DBell as a RB? I'm guessing McClendon went to Mcgee with a

"what do you think"......got a "sounds promising" and they both approached Bobo and Kirby. Since the first "test run" it's been a green light...I can't imagine the headache DBell presents to opposing defensive coordinators when he lines up in the back field.....I'm Lovin IT!!!!

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe Bell played RB in high school as well as receiver. May be wrong but seem to remember reading that on here a few weeks back

• CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He played wide receiver. running back and QB in high school.

• WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He’s been a great team plying with a big upside. He has had some timely catches as well. It appears there is a lot of trust with him.

• DreamAndWonderDreamAndWonder Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophomore

Bring back the tunnel screen :-)