Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Carson Beck’s breakout changes everything from national perspective but nothing in Georgia huddle

2»

Comments

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

Did you really expect Fromm to be more "superb" as a true freshman than SBIV was in his 5th and 6th year of CFB?

No woulda coulda shoulda. Just making CKS's point again and refuting your "point". It takes a team (and some luck) to win championships. Even a "non-superb" QB (your words) like freshman Fromm did enough to win a championship had his D played up to his level. 4-6 for 42 yards in OT is not a liability.

Your "logic" has more holes than swiss cheese.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Like I said, it takes really superb play from your QB to win a Natty. Jake was a really good QB. As a Freshman, he wasn't superb, however another Freshman was, his name was TUA. HE rallied his team who was all but left for dead to a NC. He made one spectacular play after another when he got his chance. He put his team on his back and flipped the momentum. The game winning pass where he looked off our safety and threw that dart to DeVonte Smith was a thing of beauty, His scramble when we had him hemmed up for a loss was one I still don't know how he got out of that one. He went in the first round of the draft. Jake was taken as a nicety.

THe next season we had BAMA seemingly beat again and Hurts comes in and rallies his team again flipping the momentum . Great QB's rise to the occassion.

If Jake had more mobility and arm strength he would have been superb. Each year he was sacked alot(between 15-18 times because of his inablity to either get rid of the ball or elude defenders. If Jake would of had not just a great second half but a decentone , we score one more time and beat BAMA.

Jake was one of the best QB's to play for UGA. I love the guy! Fantastic indivdual. If I had a son I would want him to be like Jake.

We just didn't get superb play from him. HEre's an except from THe Red and Black : Entering the season, Fromm was mentioned in the same conversations as Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa and Oklahoma’s Jalen Hurts. But through six games, he’s keeping less impressive company statistically.

While Tagovailoa and Hurts both rank in the top 10 in passing yards, passing touchdowns and yards per attempt, Fromm is nowhere near the top of the rankings in most offensive categories. He ranks 53rd in the nation in passing touchdowns with nine, and 48th in passing yards with 1,371. That yardage is just ahead of Georgia State’s Dan Ellington and behind Louisiana Monroe quarterback Caleb Evans.

Of course, that isn’t all on Fromm. The Bulldogs are a run-first team. But former Florida quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow says that won’t be enough to win a national championship.

“It’s being able to throw it when you have to,” Tebow said on Oct. 11. “There’s going to be a time — and there is for every team that wins a national championship — when it’s just not going your way. You have to say, ‘We’re putting it on this dude to win it,’ and I think that has to be Jake [Fromm]. I think he can do it, but I want to see Georgia give him the chance.”

But there are other statistics that aren’t influenced by Georgia’s offensive style, and Fromm is no better in those. The Bulldogs are 0-5 in games when Fromm had 30 or more pass attempts.

It's not just me, obvously. But like I said before, call him superb and believe we can win another NAtty without superb play at the QB position if you like. It's a free country!

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fromm didn't blow the coverage against Bama.

Fromm wasn't responsible for the bad offsides Simmons call.

Fromm wasn't responsible for Sony Michel getting hurt.

Geesh...these Georgia haters are running out of things to complain about after our big win.

In the words of the immortal Bill Murray, "Lighten up Francis"

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LIsten no one is complaining about jack squat. I made a simple innocuous statement that it takes superb play from the QB positions to win a Natty. That was spoken in regards to Kirby not trying to put pressure on CB. Thats to be expected. But everyone(if we're honest ) knows that at some point its happened already somewhat with Auburn in the 2nd half and with KY, we will need CB to dig deep and play big for us. SB got better when the pressure was on late in games. HE had to be. CJ Stroud was playing awesome! HEck he outplayed Bryce Young! SB played better. Especially late! He was a big game player. He won 4 MVP awards. HE's got 2 Natty's of course its a team sort but he's the GOAT. UGADAD20 trying to take me to task for saying this. LOL! No one's hating on UGA or any UGA player here. If you cant' disprove my points attack my charachter, I guess. I couldn't give two sheets.