Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia-Vanderbilt injury updates include Ladd McConkey, Kendall Milton and Brock Bowers

SystemSystem Posts: 10,688 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia-Vanderbilt injury updates include Ladd McConkey, Kendall Milton and Brock Bowers

NASHVILLE — Kirby Smart said he’s never had a bye week “that came at the wrong time,” but there’s no doubt his football team is banged up.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree. I wonder if Roderick Robinson is closer to being back ? He was doing really well before he got injured. Like You and All Dawgs fans I’m holding my breath about Brock Bowers. He’s a Huge part of the Offense. HUGE. If he’s out any length of time it will be a Big uphill struggle for the O. Maybe they can heal up in the two weeks. Sure hope so.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I was pleased with the much more balanced attack (260 passing, 281 rushing), but the mistakes and miscues concern me. We had 1 interception and 3 fumbles (only lost one). And Beck continues to miss wide open receivers. Mistakes like these might cost us a game against a stronger opponent like Tenn. or Ole Miss. As mentioned by others, Bowers is an absolute necessary component of our offense, if we have any hope of repeating.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

I disagree. IMO...Bowers is one of the greatest football players, I've ever seen. That being said...he's not a "necessary component" for UGA to win the Natty. However, Beck & Vandergriff...ARE necessary.

From what i see...Beck is still working on in-game communications and timing with some of the "new" receivers. Those connections have improved immensely, since game 1 and will get better, every week.

I pity the fool, that will have to play em, in the SECCG. But...if UGA goes into that game, undefeated...and, a 1-loss Bama meets em there, on the CFP bubble.....look for a game similar to the 2021 game. Depending on what the rest of FBS looks like. If the SEC can get 2 teams in the CFP with a UGA loss....MAYBE 2021 plays out...AGAIN! [NOT saying UGA threw that 2021 SECCG...but...???].

Just sayin'...An awful lot of money, goes to the SEC with 2 teams in the CFP. It's the Smart play. Lol

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If not for Bowers we might have already lost one game (Auburn). So I have to say again that he is a necessary component to winning a natty.