Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Banged-up Georgia football team tops Coaches Poll heading into bye week

SystemSystem Posts: 11,080 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageBanged-up Georgia football team tops Coaches Poll heading into bye week

Given the choice between a healthy diagnosis for All-American Brock Bowers and the top ranking, Georgia football would choose the former.

Read the full story here

Comments

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, that margin isn't even close. I expected the weirdly close game with Vanderbilt to be the last straw with the voters, on a day that Michigan won 52-7. But apparently not. Well, cool. I think the days of sleepwalking are over. Everyone in the program knows that that isn't going to cut it anymore. I think we're about to see a return to form down the stretch.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My sports nut brother and a former Florida referee, said if you don't beat someone above you..polls generally don't change. UGA remains at the top. He is a Penn State fan and roots with me for Georgia. If Georgia keeps winning, they should stay where they are. That is one tall order over the next months, however.

That's historically be the voters' approach, but it's becoming less true in the modern era. Then again, the shifting tends to occur more in the first few weeks. At this point in the season, you might be right.

• thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The day when you drop in the polls over a 2 TD road win against a conference foe will never happen. Totally different from an OT win against a MAC school.

I don't know what OT win against a MAC school you're referring to. My comment was based on the fact that we've only looked like a great team once so far this year, while there's at least one or two other undefeated teams out there that have been more consistent, and we just found ourselves in a 10 point game in the fourth quarter against Vanderbilt. It looks like that one great performance has legs with the voters, which is great. I just wasn't expecting it.

What I do expect are more performances like we saw against Kentucky, going forward. The Dawgs have an opportunity to prove themselves as the best team in the country now that all the layups are off the schedule, and they aren't going to be able to just to go out there and wander around for a while and get the win like they did yesterday. And to reiterate my original point, I fully expect them to take advantage, making this week's rankings moot in the end.

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

We just got to win 1 game at a time. We need to get some guys healthy for the stretch run. 3 of our last 5 are ranked plus of course if we survive that we get to play Bama or LSU. So if we do it we will have definitely earned it.

That being said Michigan guys are crowing all over the internet about how they discovered their identity is to kick everyone azz. I kid you not they actually said that. Let's see how they do against Penn State and OSU before anointing them kings of college football.