Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brock Bowers to have ankle surgery Georgia football announces in official statement

SystemSystem Posts: 10,688 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageBrock Bowers to have ankle surgery Georgia football announces in official statement

ATHENS — The Georgia football program announced that tight end Brock Bowers will have ankle surgery today, Monday October 16 in order to stabilize the ankle.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Emmett1959Emmett1959 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

This news, along with spotty O line play means that the offense is now mediocre. Brock made everyone else better, especially Beck.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, Brock isn't Superman? I truly thought the guy was invincable. He's been that good!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Those teams were far different from the Florida team right now. Where do I begin?

• Options
    flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Brock - Heal quickly and fully, as the Dawgs love you and need you for the playoffs. YES I believe we can make the playoffs without Brock, but think his return will be heralded and a lift.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey Thx for that info !! So we have at least 3 scholarship TEs available. The silver lining such as it is will be they get solid experience for next year. Hoping Brock will recover fully and quickly and just in time to help the team go on to a 3Peat !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just painful reading this but it shouldn’t be a surprise with the way injuries have gone this season. To have the # of injuries, the timing of them, and the challenge of getting any consistency with the units, it is a testament to the coaches and the players to be where they are today. From the beginning, this has been a different season with the identity of the team not settled and it looks like it won’t be settled anytime soon. We will definitely have a roller coaster of a ride from now until season’s end and I’m sure hoping they don’t give me too many scares. Go DAWGS and get better soon Mr. Bowers.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

This news, along with spotty O line play means that the offense is now mediocre. Brock made everyone else better, especially Beck.

Spotty O line play? lol

There’s one in every crowd.

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Bowers has ankle surgery then he's likely done for the regular season. Maybe longer. Saturday may have been the last time we see him play for UGA. Wish him well.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

Mea Culpa Mike....your scuttlebutt is better than mine.....NEXT MAN UP for TE's and R's as it will take consistent elite play to fill the void. On the other hand, I'm glad the surgery is being done today....six weeks will be 11/27 ready for post season play.....given BB's commitment to excellence, his never quite attitude and his tenacious grip on always getting better....I think we'll see him before the 27th.

P/S....Emmitt1959, I see you are a Freshman, so I'm letting your comment slide....just so you're informed, The Dawgs are not a One player sensation....that would be USC, Washington or Texas, we have an Offense and a Defense made up of ALPHA DAWGS! Brock will be missed but the void will be filled!

I know it's wishful dreaming.....But, maybe, just maybe the time off would maybe get him to maybe consider coming back for his senior year??????

P/SS....Given the injury situation The Dawgs have had to over come this year.....our so called weak schedule BS HAS NO VALIDITY!!!!!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

OL definitely was/is spotty this season but, surprisingly, played better AFTER AMims was injured and Truss moved to RT.

The biggest worry is the defense. This is not a championship D. With the current D, 50/50 to win the SECe and 60/40 against winning the the SEC. That was BEFORE BB's got hurt.

CKS will need to find some coaching magic(and no more injuries) to win the SEC this year.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I had never heard of tightrope surgery till this year and now I hear it everywhere. I remember when a sprained ankle meant wrap it up, don't over do it and then go slow and you'd be back in a couple of weeks (in time for florida). Surgery for a sprained ankle.... How times have changed.

And no, I am not criticizing. I am simply saying how times have changed.

But look at it this way, he will be back for the SEC Championship, playoffs and the National Championship. And if you think he wouldn't, then you haven't paid attention to the young man. Tagovailoa did it and Bowers is better than Tua.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

When you have a future career as a multi million dollar pro athlete teams/players use every means to restore full functionality to injured joints. They have the means, processes and expertise to "fix" torn or stretched ligaments. No need for feet to flop around unsupported on the end of the leg for a professional level athlete. Those of you that have had ankle injuries know what I'm saying.

Playing as an immobile QB (Tua) and playing TE (blocking and cutting) are not the same level of healed/readiness. I wouldn't bet against BB's but being "ready to play" is different for TE and QB. Especially considering how BB's plays. Took Luckie 6 weeks w/minimal expectation to play/contribute.

TN is in 5 wks. TN looked good beating aTm on saturday. Tough D and good running game. Max Johnson (aTm QB) looked bad. BIG game this week TN vs AL. I do not think TN can beat AL but if they do UGA will have to win out to win the SECe.

Odds are against BB's playing before 12/1.

• Options
    RS289RS289 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

I hate it for this young man. He is a great football player. I hope the surgery goes well and he recovers with no issues. The Dawgs tightend room has some big shoes to fill for sure.