Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ladd McConkey tops list of 3 Georgia playmakers to look for with Brock Bowers out

SystemSystem Posts: 10,688 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageLadd McConkey tops list of 3 Georgia playmakers to look for with Brock Bowers out

ATHENS — The Georgia football offensive will need to collectively step up to keep championship hopes alive after losing All-American Brock Bowers to injury.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great picks and I believe all 3 will step it up. Plus Milton coming back healthy may have an impact people are not realizing yet. You can't stop a healthy Milton.

• Options
    rastamanrustyrastamanrusty Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

From The Athletic: "The big thing, though, would be the other side of the ball. The defense needs to stop having two drives a game where it lets the other team down the field and also needs to do better in the red zone at not letting opponents score touchdowns 73 percent of the time. (That’s the worst rate in the SEC.)"

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What would be bad: were UGA to react to this with a "well we need to run the ball more" mentality when it hasn't been established that they have either the 2021 offensive line or the 2017 tailbacks to dominate on the ground.

What would be good: were UGA to react to this by increasing the role that Dillon Bell plays in the passing game.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 766 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Its gonna take more than 3 stepping up their game. Pearce, Delp, and the entire WR room is gonna need to step up their games. Sure Bobo will tweak game plans a bit to involve other more.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Scheming is now the name of the new Bowerless game. Bobo has his hands full. Teams no longer have to double on Bowers opening up other passing lanes for UGA. Plus, his blocking ability. Sorry guys, I see a loss down the road. FL may be one. Bowers was that important. He bailed UGA out more than once...or there may have already been loss or close. Mizzou is another potential loss. Even Ole Miss. As I look back, Bowers was the centerpiece of the offense. Many others will now have to step up. Who are they? McConkey is one. Lovett another. Delp...hopefully. Ra Ra too. I agree on Dillon Bell as well. There is hope.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Reading the comments here and the various player names mentioned. YES when Ladd is fully healthy and switched on he is Very good. Hard to stop.

I fully agree with the player names mentioned here. But allow me to add one not mentioned at least yet. Marcus RosemyJacksaint !! He has shown flashes of not just good but Great !! He can and I think will be a true weapon !!

Yes losing Brock Bowers really hurt the Dawgs quest for success, but these Dawgs are Far from being out of this race !! As I said on another thread the Defense needs to ramp up Their game Big Time to support their Brothers on the O !! Players AND Coaches need to ramp up their game !! Go Dawgs !!

Lastly out the window goes the “ weak schedule narrative” !! All of the remaining teams are ranked right now except GT !!

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

I haven't seen much about Milton, but he is a big key. When he's healthy, he has the potential to be a game-changing back...he runs with so much authority, and it has been frustrating to seem him sidelined so often. If he ever gets back out on the field more consistently, look out.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One thing for sure about Beck, he’s fearless !! Man he put a hit on the Vandy player that made the INT !! And No he’s not Stetson, but he can run. He’s got mobility in the pocket while he’s scanning the field looking for open guys. Least he’s not a statue back there !! Beck has really done well, all in all, and the thing is I think he’s gonna get even better !!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Rara is the guy who we will be seeing a lot of along with JackSaint.

Also, CJ Smith may break out in the next few weeks as I think he has earned more snaps and is more reliable than Arian.