Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Final grades from Georgia football win over rival Florida

2»

Comments

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

I'm not disagreeing with you, on the employment of the RB's. I don't know what's going on with R-Rod. I expected to see him produce a little, Saturday, Myself. Either, he's still nursing a wound...or, they have a different plan, for him. Robinson, could be UGA's next great back...IMO.

I will say this...Like most great running backs, I've seen.....Edwards seems to get stronger, and better, as the game goes on.

That being said...I'm all for resting him for a half, in each of the upcoming games. I remember a dislocated shoulder giving us a scare in the '80 Sugar Bowl. Walker would get anywhere from 20 to 45 carries per game. Talk about workhorse! Lol

I don't believe it's good practice, to use all of your players, 100% of all 15 games, in a season. 99% of today's CFB Teams, can't afford to sit their best players and still beat hell out of everybody. UGA "Can"...and, "Does". That's the way I see it, anyway.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawg61 They don't want to rush RRod back from injury too soon. He is expected to be a big contributor down the stretch. That is smart. BUT they rushed APaul back from injury too soon. He hasn't been seen much (at all?) the last few weeks. So the question is "Is APaul now facing another injury or feeling the effects of being rushed back too soon?" When will he be available and something close to 100%?

I hope APaul's '23 season wasn't compromised or sacrificed because UGA needed a RB w/22, 2 and 30 out at the beginning of the season. Especially when UGA could've won games with Cash Jones, Sevaughn Clark and Lenneth Whitehead.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know about APaul...haven't heard his name mentioned in a while. Maybe, they're working with him on blocking and protections. That'll keep a good back off the field. Ya gotta be able to pick up the blitz.

I'll have to go back and take a hard look at those games, he played in, to see what the issue might be. Tell you the truth...Brian Robinson may be the best back, NOT on the roster, right now. It's a **** shame he got hurt before the season. I was looking forward to seein' him trucking DB's. Lol