Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

CFP Committee: Georgia level of play trumps Dawgs’ lower strength of schedule

2»

Comments

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

I'm sure Kirby and all of the backups who've gotten playing time are all broken up about this. Never mind the fact that Bobo has only shown his hand at what he can do when absolutely necessary.

So we only beat Vanderbilt by 17 points...we outgained them by 250 yards! That's dominance AND keeping your cards close to the vest.

I think the NCAA cannot stand the SEC's dominance in college football, especially since Georgia is at the top.

The national media has NEVER liked Georgia, and would use any excuse to keep the Dawgs out.

Kirby: "Just point to the scoreboard and laugh!"

So in regard to our SOS...should we be playing teams like Alabama and LSU every week? Georgia is in the SEC East for crying out loud...if anything, it shows UGA's dominance in recruiting that the top players go to UGA or they go to the SEC West or another conference altogether.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Right on, Brother!!!

That's what I've been saying. Look at the common opponents between UGA, Kentucky and Florida. Kentucky, Tennessee and Florida have been beating up on each other...along with Vandy and SC.

But....when the Dawgs play Kentucky and Florida...they are destroyed. The same will happen, with Tennessee...IMO.

That being said....Ole Miss could be an issue. They seem to be a dangerous team, with a competent Coaching Staff...and the Dawgs have to play em in their house.

Bwaaa ha haha....just kidding. There's nobody in the Country that can stay on the field and go toe-to-toe...for 4 quarters [plus]...with the Georgia Bulldogs. I'll state that...flat out. That's my opinion.

I've said it before...I'll say it again...Kirby has turned UGA into an NFL Training Facility that could beat some...if not most of the teams in the NFL. There is NO OTHER team in CFB quite like em.

That being said...Dan Lanning may be trying to create a West Coast version. He's kickin' arse out there. I'm proud of him. Hope UGA has to play Oregon in the CFPCG. And,....beats em. Lol

• CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The SEC has won 14 of the last 20 national championships. The Big 10 has won 2 in the same time period yet for some unfathomable reason the Big 10 is supposed to be the better conference. That is total and complete BS. Michigan and Ohio State wouldn't win 5 conference games a year if they had to play an SEC schedule.