Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Missouri instant observations as Bulldogs pick up a massive SEC East win

SystemSystem Posts: 10,569 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football-Missouri instant observations as Bulldogs pick up a massive SEC East win

ATHENS — Georgia has gotten used to its defensive linemen making big-time plays in recent years. Travon Walker, the former No. 1 overall pick who was in attendance on Saturday, made plenty during his stellar Georgia career.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What I did notice was the qb runs (until adjustments were made) ate UGA up. And their next 3 games are against qb's that can all run.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

Some definite good, a little bad, and a bit of ugely...but, overall a gutsy win!!

Hoping and crossing every possible body part that Dumas-Johnson isn't out for the season...do we ever need him!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

Maybe while their running they’ll throw INTs when they pass the ball !! 😀

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THIS ( your comments) is an Honest and more over Reasonable assessment. I weary of the criticism of Bobo. Rick Neuhazel or however you spell his name noted that the Dawgs have Averaged 500 plus yds total Offense over the nine games they’ve played !!

You just don’t do that by accident. If Bobo’s play calling were That bad No Way would they have that much !! And look at the Average points scored to !! Is Bobo perfect ?? NO !! That’s because he’s human.

I Remember Some fans calling out Monken when he was HERE. But now he’s gone and it makes it Easy to call him a Hero. I Sure don’t have anything against Monken. And Very appreciative of him. But he made mistakes to !!

Plus Kirby Does have a hand in the Offense IN GAME I’m pretty sure of that. So he can Suggest and Veto play calls to Bobo. This particular year our Defense has struggled albeit they stepped up when it was most needed. Just keep posting Ws !! It’s a TEAM effort, Win Together and Hopefully don’t lose, but if they do they do that Together to. Go Dawgs !! NOT saying You were calling Bobo out. But Some were. Some folks on here are Overly Critical. They rare to ever say something Good about our Dawgs. Trolls maybe ??!!??

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2023

Yeah, DJ being out is going to hurt, not going to sugarcoat it.

Once again, our Dawgs will have to overcome some pretty heavy adversity for 3 plus games going into ATL.

I love Coach Smart saying everyone has injuries, but DJ is the leader out there, and his stats back it up.At least when Nolan Smith went down with his shoulder injury, there was 2 five star sophomores to come in and pick up the slack along with 5 other first round draft picks on that defense ALONE. There isn’t anyone that highly rated to come in for him, and with him in a sling, he is likely out for the remainder of the season.

There is no “tight rope” surgery for an AC joint injury, and even if a minor clean up, it is 8 weeks recovery minimum.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2023

To all the Bobo defenders out there, including Rick Neuheisel, please just wait until after the last game of the regular season, or after the SEC championship game in ATL, before you try and start anointing him as the Poo’s Pooh.

Dawgs still have a TON of games left, at UT, Ole Miss at home, and that game against the Bugs is not going to be the typical walk in the park(just ask former top 10 and unbeaten UNC).

That means hundreds of play calls, hundreds of play scenarios on offense, and a lot can happen.

But let’s wait until after December 8 before you start horn tooting for that Dude, because as Coach Smart says all of the time, these Dawgs 2023 haven’t done ANYTHING yet. Nonrings, no championships in SEC or the playoffs.

Lots of football left to play.

And, IMO, Bobo has earned every bit of the criticism he has gotten.

If you do not like it, just ignore it. You can’t say most of it isn’t deserved, because he hasn’t done squat as OC for Georgia, YET!

Hopefully, yes I said it, HOPEFULLY that will change this season!

And if it does, I believe that the criticisms will diminish GREATLY.

Go DAWGS!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did Stackhouse get the game ball?...should have. LOL How about the nearly 50 yard FG by Woodring? This kid can kick. Very glad UGA played this one at home. You could hear the helmets clash out there....! I.t was a true war. Mizzou hung in there. Refs definitely favored them.

Ole Miss will be another bugbear. Barely beat the Aggies by three in a rather defenseless game.,,,38 to 35. Running QB!! UGA better know they can run. UGA OL line has to protect Beck. He will have a field day if they can. I am calling another very close game.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@UGA66. Refs definitely favored them.

Those were maybe the worst refs I've seen in years. They missed blatently obvious calls, and then wasted time with nonsensical reviews based on awful calls. Several PI calls on UGA were nonexistent. Still you can't cry about it. But it's been a little while since I've seen refs that were so in over their heads.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2023

Hopefully.

Kirby made great adjustments against Cook, controlled his running and throwing. But the rb had a field day. Question is, who does Kirby take away next week? Judkins or the qb?

It looks like JDJ may have a fractured forearm.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Teams were averaging 300 yards per game passing against mizzou. We got 254 today. Not sure how that’s even possible with our receivers and with Beck. IMO bBobo called his worst game so far. I called his plays 90 per cent of the time. If I can do it guys who get paid gobs of money for sure can. Complete lack of imagination in the 1st half particularly. But we had the better players and we won so few will care.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2023

@reddawg1

You're not being fair here. Monken had these same WRs for 3 years and the only one of them who averaged more than 45 yards a game during all that time were George Pickens and Ladd McConkey. And McConkey has had 2 of the 3 best games of his career the last 2 weeks under Bobo. Last year against Missouri, yes SB IV had 312 passing yards. But 130 of those were to Bowers and Washington, the TEs. The leading WR in that game, Rosemy-Jacksaint, had 46 yards. And who knows, Rosemy-Jacksaint may have matched or exceeded that had he been able to finish the game.

I don't understand the people who insist that UGA has all these great WRs that Bobo is wasting when all existing evidence points otherwise. For a number of reasons that I won't get into, WR hasn't been a strength of the UGA program in the Kirby Smart era. The strengths have varied from year to year: RBs, LBs, OL, DL, secondary, TEs. But at no point has UGA had anything close to a 1000 yard WR or multiple WRs with 700-800 yards despite UGA playing 14-15 games nearly every year due to going to the SECCG every year but 2016 and 2020 under Kirby.

This has been a constant through several OCs (Chaney, Coley, Monken, Bobo), different WR coaches and different players. The only constant is Kirby Smart. Now of course, you can't knock the results. Smart has proven that you don't need elite WRs to build the best program in the country. And funny enough, Michigan accomplished the same by proving that they didn't need elite WRs to surpass Ohio State and build the best program in the country that is not in the SEC. On this front Smart has been an innovator and let us call Harbaugh an imitator, especially considering that Harbaugh emphasized WR recruiting a lot more when he was at Stanford.

But let us not pretend that UGA has this great, very good or even good WR corps that Bobo is holding back. That requires ignoring the fact that Smart has been UGA's head coach since 2016 and Bobo has only been the UGA offensive coordinator for 9 games.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I had to go to a wedding today so I had to record the game so this is my instant observation. Ladd McConkey is a great receiver. He has moves that remind me of Fred Biletnikoff but with more speed.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CJ Allen, Jalon Walker, and Xavian Sorey aren't too shabby. We'll be fine at LB, thanks to Glenn Shumann's off-the-charts recruiting and solid development year over year. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The WORST REFS IN 6 YEARS OR MORE.

Absolutely kept Missouri in the game way longer than it should have been. If I were Kirby I would ask for that crew to never referee another Georgia game ever.