Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia stock report: Bulldogs leaning on leadership, connection

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia stock report: Bulldogs leaning on leadership, connection

ATHENS — Georgia coach Kirby Smart talks a lot about fundamentals and connection, and both things came into play against Missouri.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That offensive line - stock down. Sacks and no push. If they are to win championships, they need to improve a lot this week. Two and three deep need to know what they are doing.

• Options
    agudawgagudawg Posts: 19 ✭✭✭ Junior

Homecoming was the issue with the crowd.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think we're all hoping to see some improvement from the OL for the remainder of the season and beyond. I don't think Ole Miss has as good of a defense as Missouri does, and if the OL can open up some running lanes it will pay off early and often. I'm not sure why they gave up 3 sacks, they have been exceptional in pass protection before Saturday.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Billy21Billy21 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was at the game and overheard Mims telling someone that he will be ready to go for Ole Miss game. This may make a difference in the run game and pass protection. He is a massive individual and carries his weight really well. I understand what a projected 1st rounder looks like now.

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Haven't seen Ole Miss much this year. Is their receiving group like Mizzou with one primary like Burden, who Lassiter will shut down or do they distribute evenly? Is their RB a small power back load of muscle like Shrader, who we couldn't get to the ground or someone more of a slasher/speedster. I've said since last year's Tenn game, we don't hear much about Lassiter as far as pass plays, because teams don't throw against him; he's a lockdown CB.

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Drinkwitz is just trying to make some sore loser jabs at our fans. The crowd definitely quieted at times when the dawgs weren’t playing very well but it definitely got loud for them on offense at times

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Their primary WR is Tre Harris and he is an excellent receiver. They also have a big TE that had a good game against aTm on Saturday. They are as good on offense as Missouri, but I don’t think the defense is as strong.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    ypcregypcreg Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How about Julian Humphrey, I thought he did a good job. Stock should be up.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 941 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In my book, Rara and Tykee stock is up and on the verge of soaring!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stock soaring…undefeated through nine games in another rebuilding year!