Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tykee Smith’s ‘unselfish’ play doesn’t go unnoticed by Kirby Smart, Georgia defense

SystemSystem Posts: 10,491 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageTykee Smith’s ‘unselfish’ play doesn’t go unnoticed by Kirby Smart, Georgia defense

ATHENS — For Kamari Lassiter to thrive in the way he did on Saturday against, someone in the Georgia secondary was going to have make a sacrifice.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

listening to Tykee and all of the players when they step up to the mic - very professional and complimentary of not only their team mates but also the competition

the staff has done an incredible job of teaching these young men the right way to handle themselves in a public setting

it all starts with coach smart who does the exact same each time he is behind a lectern (podium for the rest of you 😁)

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tykee has been a great addition. I mean if you look at some key players - Tykee Smith, Dominic Lovett, RaRa Thomas - all transfers that have made significant contributions to the Dawgs. Kirby knew what he was doing when he grabbed these players.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank the Lord, Kirby and Company are excellent at evaluating not only talent, that's the easy part, but evaluating personality and attitude. It's never enough to get talent, you've got to blend them in with the TEAM and culture you've developed.....just another reason we are a Championship caliber program.....

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Was it really that they moved Kamari to star or did they say, "you're on Burden where ever he is?" If the coverage was a zone and Burden was inside, than Kamari handled star duties, but in man, he just handled Burden. I can see Kirby telling him "by the end of the game, i want you to know what flavor gum he's chewing." I anticipate similar defense this week against Miss' top receiver.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby did the same thing last year vs Tenn. Ringo wanted Hyatt, but the coaches had a better plan.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tykee's splendid comeback has been one of the funnest things to watch this season.

During two years of injury and recovery, it was easy to forget that this under-recruited young man was the real deal: A Freshman All-American and then an All-American in his senior year. Over the course of nine games, he made that fact impossible to forget.

Kudos to Tykee's character in plodding along that loooonnng rehab raod. Kudos do the incredible talent he's displaying week in and week out. And kudos to the teamsmanship he demonstrated last week. I'd say that Tykee Smith is the very definition of **** Good Dog!