Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss riding high after beating ‘best defense in the country’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageLane Kiffin and Ole Miss riding high after beating ‘best defense in the country’

Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin made the case his team beat the best defense in the country last Saturday in Oxford, winning for the 20th time in the Rebels last 22 home games.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hello, Lane? UGA will see you on the field Saturday evening....let's see how that goes! I don't care what the stats are. You may have improved but not that much. A&M put 35 pts on you. Same team...different results? Don't think so.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He's right. Georgia will really need to focus and execute on their game plan. Lane is very good. Georgia is beatable, so they better work hard.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lame Kiffin ramping up his psyche war before the game. I’m glad Kirby and the team probably pay him little to no attention. That’s how Kiffin operates, he tries to get inside your head. It’ll all play out in Sanford Stadium at night in front of 93,000 mostly raucous Dawgs fans. Lame will go back to Oxford with his second loss of the season. Go Dawgs !!

• Options

I trust Kirby. Couple of weeks ago it was Oh No !!! Did you see what Kentucky did to UF ??!!?? Well we Saw what the Dawgs did to Kentucky to !! Then UF started surging back and were deemed Much Improved by many in the media. But we saw what Kirby and our Dawgs did to them to !!

Then many in the media said OK This is where the Dawgs go down, Mizzou is red hot and their gonna upset UGA. Well credit to Mizzou they Were Very tough, but they were tough last year as well. Coach Eli has them in an upward trajectory. But though hard fought and close, Dawgs got the W. Now here comes Ole Miss and Lame Kiffin trying to instill Doubt and Fear in our Dawgs and us as fans with the TAMU has the best defense in the nation hype. Bring it own to Sanford Stadium Lame !!! Let’s Ruuuumble !!! Go Dawgs !!! NOTE Both Kentucky and UF seemingly fell apart at the seams after their losses to UGA. I think Mizzou will stay on a positive track. Wonder how Lame and his team will do after our Dawgs lay a whupping on them ??!!?? 😀

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, @navydawg, it seems that every week Georgia's opponent is THE team that could take them down. And theoretically, that's true. Any team COULD win. But the Florida one really stood out as folks, even Kirby, kept saying their QB was the hottest QB in the nation right now. And all I kept thinking was, he played well against South Carolina and Vanderbilt. UGA is a different animal. I think much the same about Ole Miss. Though they are much better than Florida or Kentucky, I just don't think other teams (with the possible exception of Missouri) realize just how talented the Dawgs are until they line up against them on the field. They look easily beatable, until the ball is snapped. I was truly nervous last week against the Tigers, but less so against Ole Miss. I just believe UGA is the better team and will play like it. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I believe Ole Miss is very good and more talented than MIZZOU. However, MIZZOU plays with heart and purpose and will always play above their skill level

I also believe that Ole Miss plays well, but not with as much conviction and if they get down by more than 14, will not have the gumption to fight back.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

CLK and CKS are apparently pretty friendly. Compare CLK's comments this week to last week. This will have to suffice for bulletin board material this week.

Hats off to MG for doing some homework and posting some stats. However these stats, while interesting to see, are absolutely meaningless. UGA has only played 4 teams with winning records. The stats should be elite. Were they stats against common opponents that would be revealing.

• Options

Totally Agree !! Dawgs are Never beat until the last second is ticked off the clock and the score shows UGA in a deficit. Even then it might be wise to check for a technical problem !! 😂

But seriously if there’s Anything Kirby instills in his teams it’s to fight till the last tick of the clock. That was clearly indicated in the vs OSU playoff game. I’m vastly ashamed to admit it but I thought we were gonna lose that game. I should have known better !!

The recruiting depth that Kirby and staff have developed is phenomenal !! And he/they are doing it again for 2024 !! So in full agreement with you, I think teams tend to look at the Dawgs injuries, in particular like losing Bowers, and they think Ah easy kill !! That is until just as you said they line up against these Dawgs !!

The practices that Kirby and staff put these guys through harden them like fire does with tempered steel !! So they have both confidence and endurance when they enter a game, less alone talent and athleticism. Makes the Dawgs very tough to beat !! Go Dawgs !!

NOTE We’re certainly not Michigan St. but I think the practice ethos that Kirby and staff employ would better represent the Real Spartans. The Only The Tough Survive mantra seems to work in real games though !! Glad he doesn’t use the more sleep & rest that Napier tried at UF !!