Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brock Bowers update: gaining speed in return from injury, ‘deceleration’ just as important

SystemSystem Posts: 10,491 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageBrock Bowers update: gaining speed in return from injury, ‘deceleration’ just as important

ATHENS — Brock Bowers is gaining speed in his comeback from “Tightrope” ankle surgery, but that might not be enough to get him on the field on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby sounds like it is a....no go for Bowers. He was implicit not explicit...but the language he used was not hopeful. Speed is not enough. This will be his last home game ....so hopes are still high....for fans at least. I thought Mims would be back already....not so. JDJ I do not believe will suit up.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bowers at night in front of 92,000 adoring fans would be insane. I think he hits the field if only to be a decoy, but he is an alien and may just play.

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ Junior

Field will most likely be damp Saturday night. As badly as everyone wants Brock back, I just don’t think it’s worth it. I know he’s Superman and will be fine, but last thing we need to do is jeopardize his future. Keep working on getting back. Hopefully we can win out and have him going into the SEC championship game and playoffs.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think he will suit up and may see some game time but as a decoy and if they don't commit to covering him he could still be a threat on a fly route where he doesn't have to make any cuts or stunts.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Will he play at Knoxville vs the Vols ?? I’d dearly love to see him and it’d be exciting having him back. But that cow pasture they call a field is dangerous enough when guys are fully healthy. Sure wouldn’t want to see him get reinjured !! We’ll see what happens…….