Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart, Lane Kiffin comment on Michigan football sign stealing scandal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,694 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart, Lane Kiffin comment on Michigan football sign stealing scandal

ATHENS — Kirby Smart essentially shrugged off the Michigan sign stealing scandal that resulted in the Big Ten issuing a 13-page document announcing the suspension of Coach Jim Harbaugh.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ChiefChief Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

Harbaugh's been filled with wine and cheat his whole career. I've never cared for Michigan, Harbaugh just enhances the disgust I have for them. Putting him off the sidelines probably benefits the team, which also should have sanctions imposed,,,like some forfeits.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Big 10 is known for having head coaches low on the ethics meter.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2023

Slap on the wrist for how this scheme went on for multiple years and significantly impacted the games and the programs and players on the other teams. Shameful. I mean this impacted so many areas. While it elevated Michigan, it did the opposite to their opponents and that affects the entire programs from top to bottom. And obviously they have perfected their process of utilizing their ill-gotten advantage the longer it has went on.

Sure, they might have won most of the games, but they also would have lost some, I mean look at their record BEFORE this scheme started. They were about to buy out Harbaugh's contract and run him out of town! So, how many of those games that were blowouts would have been very close instead? How many closer games would they have lost? Based on the previous years, they would have lost several.

The people that defend this, obviously are either Michigan fans or must not see the massive impact on the games, unless the other team changed their signals and changing signals week-to-week, that takes away time that could be spent on something else much more important and leads to mix-ups and mistakes being made in the game.

To me, it is as low as low can get. Well, other than giving the other team food poisoning or something similar. They impacted the outcome of young men's hard training and preparation and college football careers and dreams. ON EVERY PLAY! I believe and hope there is a more severe and appropriate penalty coming, for Harbaugh individually and for Michigan, such as scholarship cuts and fines paid that go to their opponents, not to the NCAA.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

Jim Harbaugh has to cheat, and still can't win anything. He isn't half the coach, or man his brother is.Yet, the National media considers this michigan CLOWN an elite coach 🙄 what a joke of a punishment he was dealt for his low life actions..Harbaugh=💩

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

At #1 on that list..Suburban "the crier" meyer. You can also add Mel Tucker, and Joe Paterno to that group of scum bags with Meyer, and harbaugh.