Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football injury report: Julian Humphrey to miss time with upper body injury

SystemSystem Posts: 10,700 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football injury report: Julian Humphrey to miss time with upper body injury

ATHENS — Julian Humphrey had just played the best game of his Georgia career. In part, that is what makes the injury he suffered against Ole Miss all the more unfortunate.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, in all honesty the last call was a good one. However, dbs hold wrs arms all the time and are taught to do so, he just got caught. He is so fast that the wr really has no chance against him. He doesn't even need to hold he just needs to learn to knock the ball out and then he will be a first round draft pick. He is just that good imo. Hope he recovers quickly and look forward to seeing him start next year.

• Options
    NewcombTurkNewcombTurk Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

Hat tip to David Hale for this gem:

"Brock Bowers returned after missing a month with either an ankle injury or possibly while battling Mothra,...."

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought I heard the announcers call Darris Smith's name.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As soon as I saw Humphrey dive to make the tackle and come up empty, I knew he had hurt himself. It was a nice try but poor execution on tackling. Hate it for him and the Dawgs! Hoping that Nyland Green will really step up now. I've been expecting him to do so for two years now and he just seems stuck in neutral. He's done well on special teams but hasn't been able to find the field enough at his native CB position. Hoping he'll take full advantage of this opportunity. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just re-watched, and stand by my observation that he made less contact with the WR on that play than the WR made with him. In fact, I'm amazed he didn't make more contact given how tight the coverage was... it truly was impressive. To your point, however, it's possible the ref only saw Humphrey's part (and/or assumed there must be more contact because the WR was absolutely smothered). Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate