Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tennessee has been tough on Brock Bowers, looks to ‘contain’ Georgia All-American again

SystemSystem Posts: 10,538 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageTennessee has been tough on Brock Bowers, looks to ‘contain’ Georgia All-American again

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Brock Bowers has scored touchdowns on 9 of 11 SEC teams he has faced, but Tennessee is not among them.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Last year was 5 targets and 3 catches(all 3 catches in the 1st half,I believe), plus one run for 7 yards.

BB will take that again this year, if it results in a win!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. Loose Ladd to run them over. Bowers will do what the play calls for, there is no hubris with him. McConkey is more than capable of providing an alternative. TN is going to have a real problem with UGA this game. UGA has so much talent. I predict Bowers will score a TD! Ladd as well. TN gets completely eviscerated by Mizzou then comes back like some paper tiger mouthing off against nation's top team....UGA. Bring it TN.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Our hope is to contain him,” the UT linebackers coach said. “I would never say we were able to stop him …. " How True, How True, How True......Containing BB will be like catchin farts with a butterfly net......Coach bring clothes pins, cause BB is going to make your coverage stink!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tennessee's secondary is not very good and their linebackers are not going to contain Bowers unless they want to leave a huge gap for Milton to run to. Even better let Ladd run down the field and catch 30 and 40 yarders while you worry about Brock.

Gonna light them up!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Your biass is showing, again.

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Lots of other weapons w/o Bowers. Just ask Mizzou. Hop the Vols double or triple team Bowers. He can be a superb decoy.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is all information that I’m sure Kirby has been made aware of, and from what we’ve learned of the character of bowers he’s aware also.

I hope Georgia puts this game away early and bowers has 2 TDs on first drive ( I realize this is not possible ).😃

i want this to be the the UGA defenses first shut out of the year!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, whatever would we do without good ol’ Mike keeping our expectations in check…

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Catching farts with a butterfly net !! 😂 Thanks I needed that Bro. !! Glad I wasn’t drinking something I’d have spewed it !! Go Dawgs !!