Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers following win over Georgia Tech

SystemSystem Posts: 10,573 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers following win over Georgia Tech

Winner: Dillon Bell

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 375 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m sorry, but Bell had possession on that catch and it only came loose AFTER his foot came down out of bounds. That ball was held firm and did not move. It was yet another bad call.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree 100%. That was a clean (and not to mention, awesome) catch that was overruled by a very poor crew.

Good winners, but I would have to add the DAWGS RB room, with Milton in particular, as a winner. Although Edwards had a fumble, he had an awesome catch and had some incredible blitz pick-ups in his blocking.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

You people crack me up. It was an awesome catch. But out of bounds. Bell was controlling the ball but he did not possess the ball until he was out of bounds. The Ref's on the field called it a catch. It was overturned by the replay booth. After a long review.

"Scheme" had NOTHING to do with an inferior team ( a low ranked ACC team) running for over 200 yards. Man on man, UGA could not stop the GT run game. UGA D got pushed around. That's not scheme.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“You people” love a healthy dose of sanctimony on a Monday AM.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 375 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m not quite sure why you are on here as you have disputed everything everyone has said in every story written in regards to this game.

Bell DID possess the ball and it was firmly in his grasp, held with two hands and no movement. Having it tucked under your arm is not required. The ball came loose only after his foot was down out of bounds but it was clearly held and controlled while he put the required one foot down while in bounds. How many steps do you believe are required after a player steps out of bounds and the play is dead?

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

First of all, I believe Bell caught the ball. But to say that the ball didn't move is just not correct. On a play like this, the player has to show that he firmly controls the ball as he goes out of bounds. It's like if a player makes a catch in bounds and immediately gets knocked out of bounds and then drops the ball when he hits the ground. That would be ruled an incomplete pass, even though while IN BOUNDS the player had control of the ball. I don't necessarily like that rule, but it is the rule. This play was called similarly. Where I disagree with the officials is that they said Bell "bobbled" the ball as he went out of bounds. He did NOT bobble the ball. He MOVED the ball but in my opinion, moving the ball in your own hands is not the same as juggling or "bobbling" the ball.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 220 ✭✭✭ Junior

Milroe is an idiot.

I'd go out on a limb and say no one deserves the Heisman this year.

• Options

There you go exaggerating again. How can I dispute everything everybody has said when there are rose colored glasses people that think UGA played great against GT ("it was the vanilla defensive scheme" Connor Riley. LOL) AND people that acknowledge that UGA played poorly. Especially on defense. Can't disagree with everyone.

DBell "reception" was called a catch on the field. It was reviewed, extensively, by replay. It was reversed (ie "indisputable evidence") by separate officials with slow motion replay. CLEARLY Bell controlled the ball but stepped out of bounds while securing the ball. Why is that so hard to understand? Have you applied for a job as review official since obviously you know better?

"You people" who can only see one way, UGA ALWAYS right when definitely that is not always the case, definitely crack me up. Nothing "sanctimonious" about objectivity. I don't know if that failure to accept is a result of blind loyalty, comprehension limitations or just stupidity.

• Options
    hootche10hootche10 Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tech is a very good rushing team. They led the ACC with close to 197 yds per game avg. There was a 3 game stretch where they averaged over 300 yds per game. Still, we did miss tackles that we normally make. Buster Faulkner is a good OC. Hope somebody else outside of our conference picks him up.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

The only thing UGADad20's post is missing is "get off my lawn". In the midst of the greatest period in Georgia Football history, this is what you're bringing? Fix your attitude and cheer for the Dawgs on Saturday.

• Options

Clearly you missed the point Junior. I didn't "bring" anything. Especially delusion. There is enough of that on Dawgnation. The substandard game UGA played was there for everyone to see.

We have been spoiled when a Top 5 team, like '23 UGA team, is not up to the UGA standard anymore. Apparently the "you people" that only see UGA always great/right also only see UGA fans that are delusional and not rational.