Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Alabama live updates, injury news, score, analysis for 2023 SEC Championship Game

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No team will win every single game they play Forever. It’s been a great ride. Now try to win our Bowl Game. Focus on Recruiting and the TP come back next year. That’s All realistically our Dawgs can do now. Yeah it hurts, it hurts deep and bad. But it is what it is. So regroup, refocus and come back next opportunity, that’s all we can do.

• Options

And just for the record speaking Only For Me. I’m not a conference guy ( fan) I’m All Dawgs and Dawgs Only. If Bama gets in and they probably will I could care less if they lose.

And I just gotta vent this and go ahead and get it out of my system so my mental/emotional healing can start. Saban will Always and Forever get the benefit of Any and All officiating calls as he’s considered a legend. It’s almost like the Refs are intimidated by him.

He was Publicly Lobbying for Bama to be in the play offs Before he and his team Even Played UGA today. Best of my knowledge Kirby has Never Ever lobbied the Committee for Nothing !!

And in my humble opinion Yes, Absolutely the officiating hurt our Dawgs at the most critical times. Like the “catch” in the first half on fourth down. We’ll never know. But if they had ruled it Not a catch we might have won. After that call they scored a TD.

Anyway Thanks for allowing me to vent. I’m done with it all. And Already looking forward to our Bowl Game. Best wishes to All my fellow Dawgs fans. We’ll be back. Bank on it !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One thing we know for sure....this group of Dawgs doesn't have an ounce of "quit" in em.

I couldn't be prouder of a team of athletes and competitors, than i am of the Dawgs that took the field today...young and beat up.. They almost outplayed "bad luck" and "crooked officiating".

They still have a claim to a Final Four spot, IMO. But, the next 2 years?...UGA's defense is gonna rival '21 and '22. My God...FRESHMEN!!!

• Options

Amen to all you said here my Brother. Our Dawgs Will be back with a Vengeance !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options

Just shows you how hard walking the gauntlet of a 12-Team CFP is gonna be. Lol...anybody "can" be beat. Especially, if officiating, bad luck and the injury list are not in your favor. The"Committee" knows this. They have eyes, too.

Whether the Dawgs and/or Bama get in, will depend on the final outcome of all the games. Depends on what FSU looks like tonight, without a QB.

It would be hard to argue, that "UGA doesn't have the best lost of the 1-loss teams". They DO....and it occurred in "The Post-Season"...not the regular season.

• Options

Setting aside my loyalty to our Dawgs for a moment that Is a very good argument on your part !!Thing is though the SEC is so hated nationally. It Might end up that no SEC team will be in the playoffs. IF that happens Saban will whine much louder than Kirby. That’s just who he is. He’s allot like Spurrier in that regard.

• Options

Either...they won't drop UGA lower than #4...which is justifiable. Or...they move Bama above UGA...to #4 or, higher...depending on other games and teams. The variables are off the chart.

Lol...it's funny as hell, that this Armageddon scenario, everybody has been worried about, all these years... finally occurred in the "final year" of the 4-team CFP. It's almost as if...

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

No...what's funny, is...the hype machine broke down, this year. They were ALL, "wrong"...about everybody and everything.

We may have a National Champion that cheated to win the first half of the season [not to mention the 2 prior seasons]. Also, funny. Hello, Michigan. Lol

Unlike FSU...UGA's injuries would've returned for the CFP. They weren't the same team, they had been throughout the year, due to being beat up.

Throw in the typical cheating refs...that missed Alabama's, face mask, interference and obvious holding penalties...yet, called a phantom "horse-collar" and "completion" on critical downs. ALWAYS IN BAMA's FAVOR...and, I'm sick of it.

UGA has to outplay bad officiating in the CFP, every year. It's a conspiracy...I tell ya. It would be one thing, if it was called the same, both ways....but, it's not.