Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Transfer tailback Trevor Etienne would provide quick lift in reloading Georgia backfield

13»

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Preach it Brother !! Preach it !! There’s still Some people on the same wave link as you !! If our govt. is willing to screw its veterans. Then corruption can Easily get into sports EASIlY !! And it Has !!

Did you know that the VA is helping Illegal Immigrants get IMMEDIATE Health care ?? But mean while countless vets are waiting on their CBOPC (Community Based Out Patient Care) this is when the VA doesn’t have the resources to treat a vet, they farm the vet out to a commercial healthcare facility. Supposed not to cost the vet anything if the vet is in a priority 1or 2. But it has ME twice now !! And countless other vets. Some vets have Died waiting on care. !!

So our govt. is saying that people who Sneak into our country Illegally are More important than vets !! So CFB is surely not exempt from corruption either !! Dawgs and FSU were blatantly Cheated. It really is That simple.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep...the cherry on top, is that families and travelers to the Army vs Navy Game, today....Had to find new accommodations, as the Hotel owners were compelled to give their Reserved rooms to illegal immigrants due to a migration problem in their City.

Illegal immigrants were given better accommodations than any soldier or sailor, ever had...at the expense of Fans wanting to see a National Football game between it's Country's finest. And, that's supposed to make me feel...how?...as a Veteran...or, Citizen, for that matter. Lol...man, they're lucky I'm not in my twenties anymore.

I say...move the Army vs Navy game down South. No more problem. Lol

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My good Bro. our once great nation is going to hell in a hand basket and Fast !! And some people think that sports including CFB just Can’t be corrupt ?? Lol I’d love to do some business deals with people that naive !! No I couldn’t do Em that way my parents raised me better.

I Know the Dawgs made some bad plays in that game. I saw those things. But corrupt officiating helped Bama in a big way to over come a very beat up and banged up Dawgs team. And even then only by 3 points !!

As you stated on the other thread and I Absolutely and Totally agree, a fully healthy or close to Dawgs would beat the brake shoes off Bama !! So as You, Me, and Some others clearly see, NO Bama is Not a better team than UGA. And if Justice were served they should Not be in the Playoffs !!

Now what I’m wondering like you and some others, these Crooks got away with plugging Bama in. That probably emboldened them all the more, how far will they go in years to come ? They don’t seem to even Care about vaguely attempting to hide their bias and unfairness !! As a Dawgs fan I’m hotter than a two dollar pistol over this Crap, I can’t imagine how FSU fans must feel !!

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Who is this guy trying to fool? Etienne may not be in it for the money but his agent/lawyer is. His agent has already convinced him to enter the portal with the promise of getting a deal to play for a higher rated program AND get big bucks. That means Texas or Bama is at the front of the line. Georgia is going to have to get its bucks in a row before they can capture top in-state talent or the Etiennes looking for a ring AND big bucks. Not sure anyone can match Texas oil money.

• Options

You know...you bring up a darned good point. A point of view I haven't seen or heard before. And, I didn't think of it. Lol

Who are these worms behind the kids? The demons possessing their futures and the future of "the game"?

They are spiraling out of control...and, if somebody doesn't man the helm...Division 1 CFB is gonna crash and burn. The NFL might be right behind them.

What kind of webs are these "con-men and businessmen" spinning behind the scenes. Beyond anyone's oversight.

Man!...this thing is as transparent as a Georgia swamp.

• Options
    edited December 2023

I recommend creating a Student Athlete National Agency to govern College sports...before they turn it into the WWE and Vince McMan can sink his teeth into it.

EVERY single dollar and Contract should be vetted by this agency for any illegality or inconsistency. This would protect the Student Athlete and CFB.

Obviously, there's a lot of other functions this Agency could perform, in service to the student-athlete. But, money and contracts are a start.

Maybe they could act as the hub of the TP. Everything goes through them. They can assist Student-Athletes looking for a second or third chance somewhere...but, have no prospects.

They could act as a 6th branch of the military...providing a Regiment of referees, all trained using the same standard and guidelines. Paid, similar to our military troops. We don't need a lawyer or judge out there calling the shots. They're more crooked than some crooks.

If a young man can pull off killing Bin Laden or surviving a firefight against all odds....if he can operate and maintain a multi billion dollar high tech fire control system....why the hell can't we train an army of Football, Basketball, etc...Referees to serve the common good and provide unimpeachable, trustworthy, unbiased control of the Nation's 100+ billion dollar empire.?

When are we gonna stop pretending this thing will fix itself. Once the water settles...it may not be what we want. I'm tired of the freewheelin' NCAA. Lol