Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Final grades for Georgia football 2024 recruiting class

2»

Comments

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My only disagreement with Connor's grades.... the B for QB's???, MLV, we dodged a huge bullet with Waffola......leaders don't waffle.....Beck, Stockton and Puglisi are LEADERS and again IMHO The Dawgs have the best QB room in the country. As for Receivers, it's a two fold matter...at Georgia you've got to want to HIT someone, so blocking is a necessity, especially in practice which opens the door to playing time. The next issue is that at Georgia there are no "Featured" receivers.....we throw the ball around.....as many as 10-12 different players got targets in games this past year. Prima Dona Hot Dogs.....ole Marv comes to mind....won't give The Dawgs a second look.....likewise it stands the Receivers that won't hit, DON'T like to be hit and don't last long in the NFL.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023
  • Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“And then, your add in the fact that Beck is coming back for his second year as a starter, having already established himself as a quality quarterback. The ability to add onto the foundation of trust, comfort and familiarity in teaming up with both the receiving corps and his OC should bring an added fluidity. I think the passing game is going to be very good to great in 2024.”

Oooooo, say it again, sir!…..

That right there just gave me chills! 🤣😎

Go Dawgs!

• Options

They are gazelles who do not want to block. How many points does that win you in the eyes of the NFL?

Agree, that a lot of them don’t want to block!

But still think a Coach Kirby’s development of a blocking WR is a positive attribute for the NFL…. They have to have skills to break away from some of those NFL DBs…..

George Pickens…..!?

• Options

“…..likewise it stands the Receivers that won't hit, DON'T like to be hit and don't last long in the NFL.”

My point exactly!

Well stated!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nitro is athletic as they come and a top 100 recruit! Did you watch any of the tape/games of Sacovie this year against top notch Georgia high school competition? Route tree covered and made numerous contested catches as well as making separation consistently! White is a football player and the Rivals guy was quoted that had he been three inches taller would be considered for 5 star status! Terrence Edwards referred to Sacovie as a "Kearis Jackson plus" receiver. Humphreys is the top portal receiver in a recently published report and Colby Young (CB'd to the Dawgs) is potentially the big receiver we've lacked since having Cager and Pickens. Jaden Reddell is the next big thing after Bowers and along with Luckie and Delp we are set better than 99% of division 1 teams at the TE position.

Sure, it would have been nice to have added Mike Matthews, Cam Coleman, etc. but as also pointed out by others, KJ Bolden provides potentially the big-time threat weapon.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I get your point, but it looked like Carson had guys to throw it to. Numerous guys not to mention Brock and Ladd.

I'm all for recruiting the top several wide receivers (as evaluated by Kirby & Company rather than merely by the star system).

Bet a nickel Kirby's trying to improve his team including the WR room. I don't have any pointers for him. Do you?

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@GoodOlDawg @NorthHallDawg Great comments guys !! Though I’m not very familiar with Ginn, in reading the info. on him he seems like a Very solid QB and person.

I Love his loyalty to the Dawgs, quoting him saying He wanted to Play for the team that he had been a fan of all his life !! And just parroting what Y’all have already rightly pointed out. He gets UGA level S&C and practices it will only refine his already pretty good skills.

This young man would have been the Starter at allot of the D2 schools he passed up. Perhaps even a few D1 schools for that matter. But he wanted to be a Dawg !! And I’m sure not an expert either, it’s All up to Kirby and staff. But in my humble view UGA now has their Four QBs !! Beck, Stockton, Puglisi, Ginn, names to Remember, Names that are Winners !!

P.S. To Me this was a Great recruiting class !! I’m sure any weak areas will be quickly shored up by using the TP. Kirby and the Dawgs will be right back in the hunt for Glory in 2024 !! Rivals about as well get used to it the G is Elite, because Elite never rests !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. Nitpicking this class is like saying you can't date a supermodel because you discovered she has a small scar on her butt.

We are being spoiled beyond imagination. 3 top 1 classes in the last 8 years and the others were all top 5. Watching all these future pro ballers is nothing short of entertaining. Too boot we won a couple NCs and a bunch of other awards. In his 8 years of the Smart Era we got to see the greatest walk on qb of all time, the greatest defensive line, one of the greatest defenses of all time and the greatest tight end of all time.

Not too shabby. Bring on the playoff era. More fun to come.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“agree. Nitpicking this class is like saying you can't date a supermodel because you discovered she has a small scar on her butt.” Bwahaha !!! 😂 That there was funny !! Always enjoy your reasonable well thought out comments and your unique way of blending in humor to !! God Bless You Brother !! From Me and my family to You and yours, We wish you a Very Merry Christmas !!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

You bring up a good point and perfectly illustrate why UGA's failure to land elite WR's is holding UGA back. Or held UGA back in the '23 SECCG. Literally.

I said it after the 1st week of CFB in '23. "DB's were very handsy and the ref's were letting them get away with it". AL's are the handsy-est. And they get away with it. Which makes it even more important that you have WR's that can get separation. "Low ranked" Ladd McC has the quickness to get separation. He has a real knack for it.

For years AL has been recruiting smaller faster/quicker WR's (with great success) while UGA focused on bigger more physical WR's(blocking). You are now seeing UGA making the adjustment to smaller faster/quicker WR's . Smith, McConkey, Speer, Haynes, Evans, White, Tuggle.

The limitations UGA suffers in WR recruiting is a problem. Especially when UGA does not have a generational level D to keep opponents scoring down. Is it the WR coach? Overall recruiting? Perception of UGA as "run 1st O"? Platooning WR's?

Ultimately UGA brings in the kind of people/players that fit the uniqueness of the UGA program. Elite WR's tend to be divas that would not fit in in the UGA culture.

It is also premature to rank recruiting classes #1 (UGA), #2 (OSU) and #3 (AL) until Feb NSD and all the TP players are recruited.

Another nugget to think about. If UGA wins the SECCG in '23 the SEC gets 1 team in the playoffs. If AL wins the SEC can possibly (shoulda?) get 2 ($$$) teams in the playoffs. That is a lot of incentive to direct conference ref's to not even review a circus catch on 4th down.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not a bad retort. I agree with much of it but not the below

Ultimately UGA brings in the kind of people/players that fit the uniqueness of the UGA program. Elite WR's tend to be divas that would not fit in in the UGA culture.

Once again I don't think this is a correct representation of the situation. Alabama gets lots of diva wrs that still fit into their culture. So what is the difference between Alabama and Georgia's culture that allows all these wrs to go to Alabama?

Nothing...it is a moot argument. Completely made up worthless to say argument.

The argument last year was we didn't pass it enough. That argument is gone now. So lo and behold we hear this drivel.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why does everybody else ranking the recruiting classes keep saying we signed 4 5 stars and Conner keeps saying we signed 3? Just wondering.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seems like most of the highlights of Raiola involved Bolden catching a contestable ball and then blasting into the end zone. Great athlete. But he's even better as DB.

• Options

Maybe somebody dropped from five to four in one of the rating services. Currently, none of the sites give five stars to anyone in the UGA classe outside Robinson, Williams and Bolden.

• Options

Meant to post this ON3 link, which shows their ratings for the entire UGA class along with the other three major rating services:

https://www.on3.com/college/georgia-bulldogs/football/2024/industry-comparison-commits/