Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Final grades for Georgia football 2024 recruiting class

SystemSystem Posts: 10,493 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageFinal grades for Georgia football 2024 recruiting class

The letters of intent are in and Georgia’s signing class is complete. Georgia welcomed 28 members to the program on Wednesday, landing many of the top prospects in the country.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@NorthHallDawg

Is their video of him as a young boy saying he was going to play for Georgia? Deja'vu all over again!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

I think we'll be fine at WR. So, here' the 2024 roster currently: Smith, Lovett, Thomas, Dillon Bell, Cole Speer, De’Nylon Morrissette, CJ Smith, Anthony Evans, Tyler Williams, Nitro Tuggle, Sacovie White, London Humphreys.

Decision to be made: Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint, Ladd McConkey, Arian Smith, Dominic Lovett, Rara Thomas

My bet is not all these guys on the fence will end up going to the draft. I didn't even count Brock Bowers who has yet to make his decision (fingers and toes crossed).

We'll have at least 13 guys is my bet.

• Options

If I'm CMB, Phillips Jr just became my new slot receiver. I don't know how durable he'll be as a RB in the SEC, but you have to find ways to get this guy the ball all the while having Frazier back there too!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@NorthHallDawg

Good point! I think the addition of Ginn gives CKS the four QB’s that he wants, but in a “healthier” depth chart structure than if they add a TP QB who thinks he should be awarded the starting position. I’m doubting there’s a QB in the transfer portal worth looking at who would be satisfied with being a fourth string QB.

I’m guessing (because I’m not an expert) that the main reason CKS wants a good fourth QB is to run more practice drills concurrently. The likelihood of having three scholarship QB’s on the IL is minuscule considering they don’t get hit in practice.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby certainly practices what he preaches. “The best never rests!”

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We needed linemen and that's what we got. We needed running backs and that's what we got. Reddell is our next great TE behind Luckie.

We got some great additions in other areas.

My concern is qb and wr. Need another quality qb and 2 or 3 wrs. Really do not understand why we **** so bad at landing quality wrs.

We have been slinging it with 2 different OCs and 2 different qbs. We pass the ball a lot now.

Phoning a friend to plead for some stud wrs to come to Georgia.

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sacovie & Nitro are outstanding adds at WR. had we held on to Carr, this would have in my mind rated an A grade. Going the portal route for Humphreys & Young will ease the miss of Carr & a big-name flashy 5 star.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Trivia Time! When is the last time Georgia signed one of the 5 best WRs on signing day?

Easy question, right? We've had one of the top classes in years and have scored some of the highest QB recruits out there. Getting the Top WR recruit might not happen too often, but Top 5? Easy-peezy...

Answer? I have no clue. According to 247sports, here is the best WR we scored every year.

2024 - 14th best

2023 - 17th best

2022 - 34th best

2021 - 60th best

2020 - 7th best

2019 - 5th best

2018 - 33th best

2017 - 17th best

2016 - 42nd best

2015 - 25th best

2014 - 23rd best

2013 - 9th best

2012 - 57th best

2011 - 28th best

2010 - > 26th best (list stops there)

Yep. 5 years ago was the last time we scored one of the 10 best WRs and we've only grabbed one of the 10 best WRs 3 TIMES in the past 15 years.

Why is nobody talking about this?? Ohio State grabbed the #1 and #9 for 2024. They also grabbed the #3, #5 and #8 in 2023 while we scored.... #17.

We talk about wanting to get the best QBs but we never get the best guys out there for him to throw to!

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Really do not understand why we **** so bad at landing quality wr?"

Agree. All I can come up with is that the 5-star burners have been pampered (or told they are the next J. Chase) for so long, they take one look at the contact in practice and want none of it. They are gazelles who do not want to block. How many points does that win you in the eyes of the NFL?

• Options

Chase selected in the 1st round.

• Options

GIven the choice of a good blocking WR or a WR who is great at catching the ball? THe NFL says, catching it matters most and blocking is way over rated. I still think the perception is that UGA is a run first school and pass if you need to. Lately we have been TE dominant due to Bowers, which I'm good with. But still doesn't give a complete reason as to why we can't attract the heavy hitters.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Why is no one taking about this??"

Really now, this is just a bizarre thing to say. WR recruiting has been by far the most talked about (negative) topic around Georgia recruiting for years. Just scroll down into this thread to see the most recent examples.

But even if that weren't the case, the answer to your question would still be fairly obvious: it hasn't been the necessity at Georgia that it is at most programs that aim to be elite.