Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Netflix review: Rebel Moon

pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited December 2023 in Off Topic

Rebel Moon has been getting a lot of positive hype lately. Supposedly one of the best movies of the year, at least the #1 Netflix movie right now. I watched it last night and generally liked it....however it's a bit of a Star Wars rip off, in particular the Mandalorian series. It feels exactly like The Mandalorian the way it's written and produced. It's actually bit of a mash-up of Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Last Kingdom, 300, and maybe even a bit of Avatar. I assume their plan is to make this a series the way it ended. Also, there are a lot of images in the official trailer below that are not in the movie. I assume those will be in future releases.

No spoilers here, but if you are jonesing for a Mandalorian-style sci-fi movie, it's worth watching. It's a typical story of an oppressed people fighting some massive evil Imperial force....the reluctant hero goes on an intergalactic quest to assemble an unlikely rag-tag team of warriors to fight the system. I'm a sucker for a good sci-fi. I'd say this was just adequate. Nothing remarkable, but good enough to keep my attention.

Rebel Moon | Official Teaser Trailer | Netflix (youtube.com)

Comments

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

New Rebel Moon movie is out on Netflix. Haven't seen it yet…

• Options
    Razor2027Razor2027 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rebel Moon was originally intended to be an actual Star Wars two part movie. The director had "creative differences" with Disney and took his script and left. Netflix picked it up instead.