Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What latest transfer addition says about Georgia football wide receiver room

2»

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh Yes !! Agree !! Good comments by you on recalling Stets progression !! And Beck wants to show his very best for NFL Scouts. Kirby had bragged several several times on Beck’s work ethic. So I’m with you he knows his deep ball needs work and will be busting his butt to polish those skills.

He’s got the arm strength. He tends to over throw the ball, then he realizes that, tries again Over compensate and under throws it. I think it’s just a timing thing that the more he practices the better he’s gonna get at it.

There’s Tons of hard work ahead for these guys. But in the end I think the 2024 Dawgs are gonna make us proud !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dan Lanning is at Oregon as HC? You misspoke, I think. No biggee. *Would love to see him return myself.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yup. My bad. Often multitasking while writing. Schumann. Watching Lanning's future will be interesting. Is there a better CFB job than OR w/the Nike financial backing? Don't know if Lanning desires another job and is using OR as a stepping stone. Lanning rumored and or desired by many to be Saban's successor. Or CKS's successor at UGA. I do not , at all, ever see CKS wanting to coach pro players. Can you imagine the mutiny of pro players after a few CKS practices? Hopefully CKS is entrenched at UGA for a long time.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This team should be a juggernaut next year. Top 5 for sure. Beyond that will depend on how we play in the big games. Another year from 52, 44, 55 will pay big dividends plus getting TID back healthy this year will be huge. McLeod will be solid depth to add to the above. Also, hearing good things about Thomas and Ajonye.

Running Backs will be lights out this year. Look for a rotation of Etienne, RRob and Frazier. Frazier is going to surprise a lot of people imo.

• Options

Agree !! There will be struggles of course, but all in all I’m very excited about these 2024 Dawgs !! Looking forward to G Day !!! Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't see how this moves the needle for us at all. Can this kid even catch the football? But beyond that, this latest TP addition underscores an issue that I've been harping on for two years now, and that is UGA's inability to consistently sign 5-star WRs out of high school. I believe it is our weakest recruiting area and whether that's on B-Mac or Kirby Smart or someone or something else, I don't know. All I know is that because we haven't been hugely successful there, we're now having to scrounge through the TP for them. And even at that, we've yet to get a blockbuster (we'll see how the Vandy kid turns out). I really don't understand what the issue is, but I think we need to fix it. Having Brock Bowers and Ladd McConkey the past three years helped us gloss over it, but we won't have those luxuries next year. I'm worried about that WR room.

• Options

Yep. Lanning will continue to bring OR up and up until greener grass comes around. If Kirby went pro HC the lawsuits would start within two weeks ! 😂 And players leaving as fast as they could get out from under their contracts. On that note it’s getting harder and harder to Coach at the CFB level with NIL and the TP. Makes one admire Kirby and staff all the more !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep...Tom Coughlin would still be winning in Jax if Pro Players were as mentally tough as a UGA Bulldog. Hell...most of em make more than the coaching staff. I don't know how you motivate people that have that kind of job security...and "don't want to be motivated".

Oh well....That's Entertainment! Lol

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 6

You guys are funny...thinking it's the QB's call, to "throw the deep one". That's a coaching decision, in support of an overall strategy [gameplan].

That being said....Bennett was far better at the long ball than he was getting credit for....and, his ball placement was superb, on the vast majority of throws.

I'm not sure, exactly why they didn't allow Beck to air it out more....except to say they probably didn't want to score quick. The Dawgs were lame on defense, too...meaning...keep the defense off the field if possible, to allow the young guys time to get a little seasoning.

While the defense was elite in the Red Zone...they allowed the opposition to move the football efficiently, between the 20's. That's potentially, more time on the field, than you want to see out of your defense. You'd rather keep em fresh for the 4th qtr. And, use the offense to regulate it.

That only works, if you have an offense that consistently gains 1st downs and sustains drives. Beck, IMO, did that...and, that's all he was asked to do.

Their 2 and 3 deep were inexperienced for the most part, all season, due to the various injuries and rotating personnel packages used to provide "cover".