Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

UGA - FU hype video

Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you haven't watched this hype video put out by UGA Athletics for the game this weekend, do yourself a favor and watch it! It's only a minute and a half long, but if it doesn't get you fired up you better check your pulse! It features a great song by Eric Church called The Outsiders.

I'm always interested to hear the coaches dialogue in the background of these videos to pick up on the things they say to motivate the players. This particular video has a line from a coach (CKS?) that made the hairs on my arms stand up...it sums up football to a "T"!

"Dominate your space...open the door ask him to c'mon in!"

Football is a series of individual battles culminating into a single result. When you can win a majority of those battles, and players are dominant in their spaces, the Team wins games. That dominance and mental toughness only comes from physical ability, diligent preparation, and attitude; all attributes we've seen exhibited by UGA this season! Let's hope it continues...

That said, on Saturday, I want to see the Dawgs invite those stinkin' Gators into the open door of their spaces, and, once inside, absolutely kick their a s s e s! Game time can't get here soon enough.....

Let's Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,234 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm a big fan of Eric Church and I get why the song was used, we're the Junkyard Dawgs, but in m opinion, it would have been funnier to use an Eric Church song for the App State recap video. He is an App State Alum and it would have been a real slap in the face. Or we could have used it for Auburn, Mizzou, or Kentucky since the song references ally cats.

Also, I would love for them to use his song Creepin' in a highlight video of the Wolfpack get after the QB or spying on QBs before striking.

Otherwise, as usual, a good production by the UGA football video production crew!