Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Nick Saban releases official statement, college football reacts to his stunning retirement

SystemSystem Posts: 11,048 admin
edited January 10 in Article commenting
imageNick Saban releases official statement, college football reacts to his stunning retirement

Nick Saban has called it a career, as he is retiring as the head coach of Alabama.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 440 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Debo not Debo. Hate autocorrect

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 440 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

DABO!! Still hate autocorrect.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is going to be plain weird going to Tuscaloosa and it not being about Kirby vs. Saban!

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 10

This is shocking, not that Saban is retiring, but that he decided to do it now. So, whose is next to coach Bama that list will be hefty list. Unless Alabama promotes from within [doubtful?] someone's university will be worrying that it won't be theirs. Dabo maybe? What about the 2024 class yikes? 😎

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 10

Dan Lanning?😎

• CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope he lives longer than the Bear did after he retired. Every SEC football fan I knew back then was saddened by the news of his death. I even know Auburn fans that cried on that day.

• jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 174 ✭✭✭ Junior

Greatest coach of all time. UGA possibly has the one person that could take that crown in 20 years. I'll take Kirby at 48.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The cell phones are lit tonight! This is national sports news. The big question now is who is next? Lanning with that $20 mil buyout...hummmm? I am not speculating on this one. One thing...Saban is going out with that last win over UGA! Kirby lives with that now. Also, can one even imagine Tuscaloosa without Saban?

• Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

After Saban Alabama has no where to go but down. I pitty the bloke that takes the job.

Go Dawgs!

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welp.....the Dawgs are about to eat..... everybody is In trouble