Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 4-star junior DB Tae Harris backs off his commitment to Georgia football

2»

Comments

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

New DB coaches T Rob & Donte Williams are top recruiters and will want to bring in those they have been developing relationships with. Tae Harris said recent communications with UGA were less frequent and he sees the writing on the wall. One 2025 DB, Chris Ewald, recently decomitted from Michigan. He was their highest rated recruit for 2025. He is from Florida and mentioned UGA bringing in T Rob and Williams as big news to him. I am sure UGA will be bringing in quality DB'S in 2025. I'm sure Tae Harris will find a school where he can play. I agree with previous posts, early commits are sometimes hard to hold onto for many reasons. Not all like Puglisi.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lmao....Unlike, the "Pre-TP/NIL Years"....in the case of the DIV1 CFB elite....I think it's more like....

"Many a slip between the cup and the lip.".....turns into....."Many a question....between the lip and digestion.". Why bother trying to keep up?

Lol....just show me the guys, committed to taking the field, for the Dawgs in '24. We'll worry about 2025, next year. Fyi...the Dawgs are LOADED....2 and 3 deep at every position....with a ton of cross-training. Why fret over one or two guys, that may or may not have contributed?. That's all I'm sayin'..

Go Dawgs.

• Options

I don't know how they work now....but, they used to ['70's & '80's] give prospective players [recruits], a list of things they needed to do, prior to reporting...in shape...ready to compete. All of em, don't post video of those lone workouts.

I highly doubt, that "work" has anything to do with "scaring them off". But, if that's the case....great!. You don't want to work for it...don't waste our time. You have to have, athletic, "coach'able", intelligent players with small egos, to mold em into a team of professionals. Not, prima donnas.

IMO....That's where Kirby has this program. He can afford to be choose'y.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 21

The drama and head games are because they are narcissists with no foresight. NIL also fuels this. When you wave million in front of any teenager it will tend to turn his head and usually not in a good way.

When I was a kid I got introduced to rugby by a neighbor who had moved in from the UK. It was something all the boys in the neighborhood grew to like. We changed it so we could use some of the elements of football and soccer together. It was a fun game. I even played rugby for two years when I was stationed in Europe.

• Options

Yeah...a HSFB teammate's Dad started a rugby league, here where I'm from....and, I got a taste in the off-season. You don't hear much about it, anymore. Lol...course, like soccer & tennis [IMO]....it's boring as hell to watch. So...not a lot of "spectator appreciation" to generate revenue.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    TIMLAW10TIMLAW10 Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

Good. If he doesn't want to play for UGA, I hope he finds fulfillment elsewhere. Good luck.