Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What Georgia football could be looking for in its next wide receivers coach

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited February 18 in Article commenting
imageWhat Georgia football could be looking for in its next wide receivers coach

ATHENS — Georgia football needs a new wide receivers coach, with Bryan McClendon leaving for the same role with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Will be an interesting hire. Kirby has got this and a good chance its nobody on this list.

Why would McGee leave for GA ST when he can easily get a higher paying and higher profile job? McGee is doing very well with his salary as it is and then leave for GA ST? And that ATL rat race? Come on man!

Watch him take the job tomorrow, lol. Hope not!

McGee is a rock on the staff and a very good underrated coach. If he does leave one day, I hope it is for a top job.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

CKS will look at all of them with the critical eye he has used on all of his hires since coming back to UGA. He will find the right fit for the continued success of the Dawgs.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Connor's trying to raise my blood pressure by mentioning James Coley's name. Don't let that guy anywhere near our offense! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would love for either Ward or Edwards to be the choice, but it won't be. They just don't have the experience. But both would be good recruiters.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

All grasping at straws. SWAGs at best. In Kirby we trust.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Obviously both Ward and Edwards are DGDs. Both were great players for us. Plus, as a Dawg fan, I like both those guys. But if I’m hiring a WR/Passing Game coordinator, I’m looking hard for someone with significant coaching experience. Joe Cox looks like a good fit as does Craig.

In any event, I am pretty sure Kirby will find the right guy.

• Options
    JimBobJimBob Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

I think Hines woud fit the bil. Recruiting top talent seems a problem and I think he wouold be a good recruiter. I also think he knows something about playing thee position. Can he be worrse than what we have had?

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just a guess, but while we are all focused on a guy with receiver/player experience, college and NFL and coaching experience, college and NFL....If I'm Kirby, I'm placing more emphasis on how well the guy meshes with current staff and how easy he would become a TEAM member and then #2 how willing he is to work at elite recruiting.....a "big" name/college/NFL reputation is certainly a tremendous help. The names mentioned seem to be fits.....but how good of a fit? The Great News, we're GEORGIA and there is not a potential coach anywhere that wouldn't love to be part of The Dawg Coaching Staff.