Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football 2024 G-Day date announced

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited February 20 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football 2024 G-Day date announced

Georgia fans now know the next time the Bulldogs will be back between the hedges, as it was announced that the 2024 Spring Game, better known as G-Day, will take place on April 13.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go Dawgs vs Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For me, as great as Brock Bowers was, Herschel Walker will and forever be the greatest Dawg to ever play for Georgia, hands down. Herschel has a Heisman for God’s sake. Get over Brock being the greatest. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

Brock was great. Hershel was god-like. Not even close.

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Georgia also won’t have Brock Bowers, arguably the greatest player in the history of the program." Give it a rest , Connor! There are millions of UGA fans that would assure you that #34 was by far the greatest player [n the history of the program! Come on man!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 21

Are you goin' to the game,...Navy?

You never saw Charlie Trippi, Frank Sinkwich, Fran Tarkenton, Jake Scott or Bill Stanfill in action, either,, I bet. Lol

I apologize in advance, @BornADawg ....but, I absolutely despise that term...."best of"...when it's applied to CFB. IMO...there were 4 or 5 different and distinct eras in DIV1 CFB...that brought varying safety "rules & equipment' and a unique set of "rules and challenges" on and off the field...for coaches and players alike.

Hell....the NCAA itself, has seen a few distinctly different eras, in it's existence.

All that being said, however....I agree with you. Lol. The way I see it....they were ALL great. What seperated...and continues to separate Herschel from his "timeless peers"...is the formula...

[Olympic Speed] ....[+]....[Supreme Strength, Power & Agility]....[+]....[Extreme Mental and Physical Toughness]....[=]....Herschel "The GOAT" Walker.

He could've excelled at virtually ANY position on the field....in "any era"....with the tools on his belt. "Olympic" Speed is obviously the biggest factor. There is no substitute. Lol

It's like my dear ole Dad used to say...."Speed!!! Son....what you need is Speed. Fast greasy, lightning Speed."...and...."Speed!!!, boy...there is no substitute.". [And, to all you "smart-asses" out there...No, he wasn't talkin' about narcotics. 🤣]

• Options
    JimBobJimBob Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

I agree with Big Dog. While I think Walker was our best player, it is hard to impossible to compare top players from different eras. The rules and game were not the same.