Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Florida State players at NFL Combine explain Orange Bowl opt out decisions

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IMO....FSU was as good as Texas or Bama...and, Washington for that matter. Let's put it this way...They were [greater than] or [equal to] Texas, Washington & Bama. As an undefeated team, with plenty of time to find an answer to their QB problem before the CFP Semi-Final Game....there's no way, they should've been left out.

While UGA at the end of December, was "greater than" or "equal to" Michigan....and "Greater Than" everybody else.

Yet, both very deserving and "better than or equal to", Teams [FSU & UGA] were left out of the CFP due to politics and bias...not "Records" or "Sustained Superior Performance".

In other words...due to undisclosed agendas...neither, "The 4 Best Teams"...nor, "The 4 Most Deserving Teams" were in the CFP, this year, despite the fervent attempt, at that narrative. It ain't the 1st time, that's happened to those two teams, either.

It happened to UGA as recently as 2018....and FSU back in the '90's, if I'm not mistaken?. I'd have to go back and look...which aint worth it, now that we're headed toward a structured playoff.

We're in a brand new Era in DIV1 CFB. The dust still hasn't settled from the 2020 earthquake. We're still experiencing the tremors with aftershocks and the landscape is still moving....but, I think it's pretty clear. We're gonna start seeing a more conventional playoff system that removes or mitigates the possibility of corruption, bias or manipulation.

It's gonna be about records and performance...not hype and stats and style points...like an Olympic Skating Competition. Lol

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Tom_BomadilTom_Bomadil Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

“Yeah, it was real hard to watch the game, but at the end of the day, I had to prepare myself for the next level and take the next step,” Lovette said, “and so I was preparing for now, and not taking a chance on risking injury in a meaningless game.”

Yeah, that's the whole mindset of those opting out. "A meaningless game." College football has gone from a team sport to a "me first" mindset. Too sad.