Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia G-Day Offensive stock report: Kirby Smart doesn’t miss or give a trick away

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited April 14 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia G-Day Offensive stock report: Kirby Smart doesn’t miss or give a trick away

ATHENS — Kirby Smart doesn’t miss a trick, and he certainly doesn’t give his away.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It sounds like a typical spring game - not much style with a focus on teh execution of the basics. Sounds like all groups looked solid. Just wondering from all I’ve read, it is hard to see that the receiver group was down. I didn’t get to see the game with yesterday being opening day for turkey season here in Tennessee, but all I’ve read sounds like the receivers did really well with Lovett shining and the new one from Miami looking good as well. Maybe some group had to be down but it sounds like the DAWGs are solid across the board. Getting antsy for some real action and hope things stay solid through another trip through the portal time. Go DAWGS.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with you Henddawg. The receivers looked good considering the good coverage from the DBs. Yes there were some drops and mistakes, but overall I thought the receivers looked good. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 14

The last Beck drive was impressive. Not sure Lovette's "catch" would've passed replay scrutiny in the regular season. When did he have full control of the ball as he ran out of the endzone? Overall, CBeck did not look as sharp as last year. But it is way early and with many new wr's. Stockton is still a long ways off. His lack of accuracy is concerning. Did not seem to have complete command of the O yet. UGA will be taking a long look at the TP QB's this week. 3 QB's w/1 hurt is not gonna cut it.

TE's were barely targeted. Lovette is good in the slot but he runs too tentatively to be an effective jet sweep guy.

The D stepped up with more effort and urgency than seen last year. Where was that Mykel Williams last year? Young guys (on D) making progress (0,1, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20, 26, 29, 52, etc) will need to take another step up during the season if the '24 D is to resemble the '21 and '22 D's.

If you are interested in watching the competition, AL A Day game will be replayed on SEC network. OSU game will be replayed on FS1. Both of those teams looked very sharp on O. According to announcer Urban Meyer "OSU has the best D in the country and may have the best CFB team in the last 7 years".

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 14

Agree with David and Hen… based on the actual play in the game, not sure why receiver stock was gauged as "down". Or for that matter, OL "up". I'd call them both even, at worst/best. I'd also say, after watching this game and knowing Puglisi's injury history, I'm far more concerned about the QB room than I ever would have imagined even a month ago. That said, spring games can be very misleading, just like the pre-season games of pro sports. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Strange take on the receivers down vote. All other reports state the opposite. I saw an active and productive receivers group in the game. I guess if you are saying it's down without Brock, then I guess we will always be down on the receivers.