Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Where things stand with Georgia football prospects entering day 2 of the 2024 NFL Draft

SystemSystem Posts: 10,498 admin
edited April 26 in Article commenting
imageWhere things stand with Georgia football prospects entering day 2 of the 2024 NFL Draft

ATHENS — The second day of the 2024 NFL Draft figures to be a very busy one for the Georgia football program.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 26

Pearsall being picked before mcconkey is an absolute joke. Mcconkey has way better film than Pearsall and didn't show up in big games. Also feels like worthy could end up going the John Ross route.

• Options
    randomsportsfanrandomsportsfan Posts: 24 ✭ Freshman

@kylnmeg10

Pearsall:

A. is a western kid (from Arizona, played 3 years at Arizona State) and the 49ers heavily scout that region

B. is bigger/taller than McConkey while posting similar combine workout numbers

C. put up noticeably better numbers than McConkey his last 2 years in college despite worse QB play and

D. is considered to be more experienced/skilled in the slot WR position that the 49ers - who have Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk at the X and Y positions that McConkey primarily played in college - were trying to fill.

In other words, a decision that makes a lot more sense to the 49ers front office and coaching staff than it does to UGA fans.

Also, John Ross, a 1 year wonder in a gimmick spread college spread offense at Washington, was a little known 6th-7th round prospect before his 40 time. By contrast Xavier Worthy had 3 very productive seasons in a pro-style offense at Texas and was already considered a 3rd round prospect before his 40 time. And were he 190 lbs like Pearsall instead of 165 lbs, he would have been considered a 2nd round prospect. The sole reason why Brian Thomas was drafted over Worthy is 6'4" 205 lbs versus 5'11" 165 lbs, because Worthy absolutely had a better career in an offense that is more similar to waht NFL teams run (between hits stints at USC, Washington and Alabama, Texas coach Steve Sarkisian has been producing NFL starters at WR for going on 20 years).

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You forgot to mention that Pearsall was more durable than Ladd. Can't make the club from the tub.

Saw some Pearsall highlights. Reminded me a lot of Fred Biletnikoff.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey my fellow Dawgs fans, question. Did our Dawgs get invited to come out With the Ntl. Title trophy at the NFL draft ?? Watching the start of Round 2 and they just paraded Mich out with the trophy. I don’t recall them doing that with Either of their last two Nattys for our Dawgs. Did I just miss that ??

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,884 mod

it’s likely due to the fact the draft is taking place in Detroit Michigan.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While that’s true. I get it. Doesn’t seem very fair to other teams that have won it, even other than UGA. And it serves to some extent as a recruiting tool. I don’t like it Lol !!