Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN expert: Alabama’s Kalen DeBoer has ‘75 percent chance’ of winning a national title

SystemSystem Posts: 10,675 admin
edited May 22 in Article commenting
imageESPN expert: Alabama’s Kalen DeBoer has ‘75 percent chance’ of winning a national title

ATHENS — The road to the SEC championship goes through Tuscaloosa, even if Nick Saban is no longer standing guard.

Read the full story here

Comments

  • Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Agree with McElroy. I like DeBoer and think he will bring a different mindset, strategy, and program to the Tide. He gets to step into a very nice setup this season with an experienced QB Milroe and a solid, talented team. He's also added some good players from the portal. As long as the players buy into what he is selling going forward, and they can continue to win in the SEC, then I don't see why he can't be successful. We'll know for sure within the next couple of seasons.

  • Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 261 ✭✭✭ Junior

    There is no doubt this guy has done more with less and should not be underestimated. I'm sure he'll come out with all guns a blazing with nothing to lose this first season. With all that talent, they're gonna be dangerous.

  • Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 60 ✭✭✭ Junior

    Another typical article from you, Mike. The road to the SEC championship no longer goes through Bama. It now goes through Athens and you hate this fact. So much that you throw journalistic integrity out the door when writing "about" the Dawgs. DeBoer will have success at Bama but not at the level Saban had. Bama fell into the nothingness hole prior to Saban. No one will likely match Saban's career numbers. But, if I had to bet on the most likely to do so, it would be Kirby. Not DeBoer.

  • Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 729 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    just out of curiosity, did you even read the title or the article? This isn’t Mike’s view, it is the view of a Bama alum. I do believe your take here is significantly off base.

  • Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 221 ✭✭✭ Junior

    I know its the off-season, but I really dont care (any time of the year) what a Bama alum thinks of Bama's coach.
    And if I did, there's r/CFB for that. I dont want to read about it on a Georgia site.

  • Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 98 ✭✭✭ Junior

    My question is this, has there ever been a head coach come into the SEC and win a Natty in his first three years? If I am correct it took Saban 3 years to win his first title at LSU and that was a 13-1 year when they beat Oklahoma for the Natty.No way "Dabore me out of my chair" comes into Alabama and wins in three years, it will take that long to get the right payers in place for his system.

  • Options
    SR_JRSR_JR Posts: 48 ✭✭✭ Junior

    I agree. You're not going to go on an Alabama website and read an article about UGA. So why are writing an article about Bama on our website. Is there not enough going on at UGA for to write about US. Mike , you and Connor need to up your game!!!

  • Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 334 ✭✭✭ Junior

    PAC12 is significantly < SEC. Can’t believe this is being read—much less being passed off as—an apples to apples comparison. DeBoer is a good coach, but he did more with less…against less. My advice to McElroy: slowly remove the goggles.

  • Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I guess history supports your take. History is history until someone makes history. Which happens pretty regularly. No idea how Deboer translates to the SEC. BUT he is stepping into a better situation than any previous coach joining the SEC.

    AL has one of the highest, if not THE highest, blue chip ratios (4* & 5*) of any team in the country. AL is the defending SEC champion returning most of their team and a top 3 recruiting class. . AL returns a very dangerous QB and the highest ranking runner up in the '23 Heisman balloting. Had AL made a very makeable 4th and 1 late vs MI Alabama wins that game and probably the championship.

    "take that long to get the right players in place". The right players are already in place. AL may never have a better team under Deboer than the team they'll have in '24. AL's recruiting future probably depends on how successful they are on the field this season. In fact, as a UGA fan, you have to hope that with all that CFB talent, AL somehow struggles this year. Because IF AL struggles there is hope that AL is not viewed as AL anymore. Maybe then AL fails to sparkle as much in the eyes of future recruits and recruiting is not up to previous levels.

  • Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    75% chance I suppose means just 25% for the rest of all college football. Better call your bookie and bet the farm!

Sign In or Register to comment.